View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013, 11:56 PM   #485
ZBB
Relic

Carmudgeonly Ride: A very fast golf cart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp11 View Post
I don't want to have to think this much about "fueling" up ....

My new (old) Merc gets 30 mpg on the highway. It has a huge tank so I can do my twice-weekly trips to NJ and run around town with it on weekends and still fill it up once every two weeks - and it takes me five minutes at the pump - which is about the limit of my patience for gas stations.

I appreciate what you're saying, I just don't get what it is that's appealing about it - as it stands, I hate gas stations, what I want is a car that will go farther between stops and allow me to spend even less of my time worrying about when and where to gas up ... the Tesla would cause me endless additional anxiety.
But that's just the thing... I don't worry about charging for regular use -- I just plug it I at home each night. That takes about 5 seconds. Every day I leave the house, I leave with a "full tank".

That results in less anxiety than with having to get gas every week or two... I used to watch my remaining range in the Boxster and figure out how many more commutes I could do before needing to get gas. I also usually got gas at Costco on the way home from work -- and sometimes I'd forget that I needed gas, and then scramble to make sure I could pick up my daughter and get gas or risk not making it home. Haven't had to worry about that at all with the Tesla...