View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 04:47 PM   #6
FC
Solving problems

Carmudgeonly Ride: M5 / 718 GTS / Cooper S / GTI / LR4
Quote:
Originally Posted by SARAFIL View Post
Ok, here are some thoughts...

a) They have to register the car to be in compliance with BMWFS, they are not supposed to let the customer do it if there is a lease or loan. But it doesn't mean they are physically doing it, they likely use an out of state registration service that does it for them.

b) You should be getting a MA title since the car is registered in MA. Also, make sure the vehicle Mass RMV-1 form says "Financial Services Vehicle Trust" as the owner and not "BMW Financial Services NA LLC" once they finally get it to you (might as well let them know upfront) or else they'll have to redo it.

c) If you reverse the tax (divide by 0.0625), it indicates that it is tax on $925.... which I would guess is what they charged you for the acquisition fee? This fee is taxable in MA, so this is legit.
Cool. Thanks. He left a vm where he indicated (in simpler terms) pretty much everything you guys said, so it is all legit. Sorry, it's a very hectic time for me right now. He will be getting me a MA registration, which is nice, since it was a PITA to do it myself in MA last time. And the fee was $925.

So at least he got the closing documents right. The envelope it off.

He did manage to completely forget about me and begin the ED PO process 10 days after the "no later than 30 days" period and assured me I "had nothing to worry about since the payemtns were all taken care of." This is after a number of reminder emails bordering on harrassment.

Whatever, as long as I get my car a week from tomorrow, I'm happy.

A co-worker who is from Munich but travels back and forth offered to pick me up from the airport and take me to the delivery center, so I'm all set. He also gave me good recommendations for the Bavarian Alps region. Pretty happy about that. And yes, his name is Fritz. He's a BMW motorcycle guy and old enough to be my dad, so he has been on every road I plan on driving on. Really wants to see the inside of the new delivery center.
FC is online now   Reply With Quote