View Single Post
Old 12-06-2009, 07:02 AM   #5
Josh (PA)
Hello.

Carmudgeonly Ride: '09 X3, '11 328xiT, '11 135i C, '17 c2, '19 X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo View Post
Beautiful car Josh. Glad to see you love it. Going to get snow tires next?

Make sure, if it does not already have it, to get at least version 26 installed of the nav software. It includes the birdseye view which really makes the map much easier to read.

Let me know if you have any questions about the bluetooth install. Its pretty straight forward but time consuming. The hardest part is getting the module installed about the nav in the truck. Its super tight in there and very frustrating.

We looked for very similar combos as well. Sterling, Carbon and Imola on the outside and heritage black or two tone black/gray sport on the inside. The black/blue and black/red sport interior's are really hideous imho.

We only have M-Audio and PDC options. Would have liked the fold down seats as well and the rear sun shade but you cant be that picky buying used.

Congrats again and enjoy!!!

PS - I am very jealous you got to keep the M3 convert as well. I miss mine.
Thanks,
I used to have the CD image for the ver 26 upgrade, but lost a hard drive a while back and never had a need to regain it. Do you have a link to the software?

The M3 has a brand new set of snows mounted on it, so that will be my bad weather ride at least for this season. We'll see next year if I sell that set and pick up one for the M5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry
In addition to Bluetooth, you can add Sirius radio, though you may need a newer radio module. And the Aux input is easy, if you prefer an iPod or similar to a PhatBox.
Is this in place of the CD Changer, or in addition to? An Aux Input would be nice. I rigged this into the M3 by soldering a headphone input cable at the cassette pre-amp so I could keep the CD and just trick the radio into thinking a cassette was in place. It worked pretty well, but if there was a better way to do it I'd love to know.
'11 135i Convertible
'11 328xiT
'09 X3
Josh (PA) is offline   Reply With Quote