Thread: Still waffling
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2009, 02:55 PM   #27
equ
Alphanumeric

Carmudgeonly Ride: 981S, 340i
The 330i was a very good car, but I don't miss it one little bit in the five weeks that it's been gone. Of course it helps that the croc is still in the garage, but still it's interesting that I never really bonded with it. I've missed each departed "second car" for its own reason:
- 528i: The nice lady who sold it to me, it was her retirement gift to herself, a burgundy on beige that I would never have spec'ced but was cool nonetheless. Great comfort and decent economy for the long haul to Maine.
- s4 avant: For obvious reasons of grunt, seat comfort and stealth. Also some good trips to montreal and north carolina.
- 330xi: It gave its body for us (and I would likely not have sold it but for the accident). Drove us home 350 miles on the day of being pummeled (while the rear-ender subaru outback was weeping fluids and basically dead).

There is something else that's bothering me about the expensive 3rd car purchase. Now that my gf has moved in, it is nice for her to be able to use my 2nd parking spot after the bmw was sold. When I buy a car, her honda gets back on the street... Understandable as it is at 126k and 7+ years, but still, makes me feel a bit selfish.
equ is offline   Reply With Quote