View Single Post
Old 03-27-2008, 12:20 PM   #6
FC
Solving problems

Carmudgeonly Ride: M5 / 718 GTS / Cooper S / GTI / LR4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggins View Post
How big of an SUV do you need/want? Do you want a lux SUV or can it be more practical?

My mother has had a first-gen Honda CR-V for the past 8 years that is a great car for what it is. She lives in western MD (mountains) and loves the car. It is average in the snow (I like my 318 with snows better) and gets okay mileage (~22-25mpg). I like the 2nd-gen CR-V much better and it would be my choice for an SUV if I had to take the plunge.

I also like the Ridgeline if you wanted something bigger/truckish, but most people can't get over the styling (or lack thereof).
If we get the wagon and a back-up SUV, I would definitely NOT want it to be a luxury SUV. I'd want it as rugged as I can get it. Like a 4 Runner or even a Wrangler Unlimited. Like I said, I'll start a new thread on this. My wife thinks it shoudl be big so we don't have to borrow my dad's pick-up (think Yukon/Tahoe), but I think there is little a Yukon can do that a 4Runner with the seats dropped can't, and some things only pickups can do due to roofs on SUV's.
FC is offline   Reply With Quote