View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 08:56 AM   #106
JST

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARAFIL View Post

nice car! what specs did you go for and who did you get it from?
Thanks...and thanks for the advice on specs.

Crappy cell phone pic is attached. Ignore my ugly trash can.

It's a laser blue/white over black leatherette MCS with LSD, sport suspension, premium package, cold weather package, DSC, rear fog lights, and Bluetooth.

It has the 16" "Bridge Spoke" wheels with all-season runflats. I avoided the sport package because I did not want the 17" wheels--I'll get a separate set of track rubber, and I wanted to maintain the extra bit of compliance and curb-friendliness with the OEM set.

Yes, this replaces my Audi A4, which was a firesale lease deal and which I have never really been that happy with.

Because the Mini money factors are really awful (despite having high residuals), this is the third car I have ever owned. Hope it does not suck.

I bought from Mini of Sterling. Bizarrely, it is the closest dealer to downtown DC/Alexandria/Fairfax County--and it is not close. SARAFIL, if you want to make a mint, come down here and help me open a Mini dealer inside the Beltway. Given the number of these cars around, it would be a license to print money. Overall, it was a satisfactory buying experience.

I'll pen a more detailed review after I have had a chance to drive it a bit more, including some of the other cars I looked at and why I ended up with this one. Bottom line, though, is that this car is a frigging blast to drive, and it is so absurdly short that, as you can see in the pic, it actually fits in my alley parked nose-in, which is very cool.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mini.JPG
Views:	258
Size:	203.0 KB
ID:	2716  
JST is offline   Reply With Quote