carmudgeons.com

carmudgeons.com (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/index.php)
-   Technical Superiority (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 4 or Bridgestone Potenza RE980AS ?? (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/showthread.php?t=160098)

wdc330i 11-29-2022 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3LOU5 (Post 592553)
Like you, I've been a huge fan of Michelin PS A/S, and have had great luck with them. I'm still on the fence as to whether or not to try the DWS, with price the only determining factor.

I'm probably like 51% DWS/49% PS as of now, LOL.

I've changed the tires of our Sienna recently from Michelin Primacy Tour A/S to Pirelli Scorpion A/S Plus 3. So far, I like them but haven't really tested them out in the rain or snow. Tire Rack has had good reviews, and Danica Patrick approved of them as well in a YouTube video.

Hey, if it's good enough for Danica, it's good enough for me.

:lol: :lol:

For sure. Apropos, the Michelin CrossClimates sound very good, too. I’ve had Pirellis on my Hondas and liked them. But never quite as much as the Michelins.

3LOU5 12-01-2022 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdc330i (Post 592590)
For sure. Apropos, the Michelin CrossClimates sound very good, too. I’ve had Pirellis on my Hondas and liked them. But never quite as much as the Michelins.

These are highly-rated as well. The only thing I didn't particularly like is that because the tire is unidirectional, it can only be rotated front to back.

Which means that the side with the drive wheel (which I believe the right side) will wear faster than the non-drive wheel side.

In addition, the Pirellis have a longer mile warranty.

(I've had the Pirelli P-Zeros A/S before on my BMW and was pretty happy with their performance and durability).

Josh (PA) 12-01-2022 07:14 AM

I'll just reiterate my support of the DWS series. The fact that they're ~$25/tire cheaper makes the decision way easier IMHO. It would probalby cover the cost of that drone you just bought ;) :lol:

3LOU5 12-02-2022 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josh (PA) (Post 592599)
I'll just reiterate my support of the DWS series. The fact that they're ~$25/tire cheaper makes the decision way easier IMHO. It would probalby cover the cost of that drone you just bought ;) :lol:

Thanks Josh.

Honestly, I’ve yet to hear bad reviews about the DWS, so I’ll most likely give them a try.

Michelin can’t be grabbing ALL my business, lol.

equ 12-03-2022 12:28 PM

I've had both the DW and DWS series. Not bad tires, but Michelins are noticeably better IMHO. Neither are great at snow.

wdc330i 12-04-2022 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by equ (Post 592649)
I've had both the DW and DWS series. Not bad tires, but Michelins are noticeably better IMHO. Neither are great at snow.

Right. I would definitely just swap between winters and summers if I had to contend with real snow. Or, winters and all seasons, so I am not concerned about fluctuating shoulder seasons.