carmudgeons.com

carmudgeons.com (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/index.php)
-   Perseverators Anonymous (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   What now? (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/showthread.php?t=158505)

ZBB 06-23-2019 06:29 AM

Sounds like it’s up to you to perform the test.

clyde 06-23-2019 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZBB (Post 549669)
Sounds like it’s up to you to perform the test.

I want to, but someone keeps filling up full tanks during the day

dan 09-05-2019 06:48 PM

Whatever happened with this?

clyde 11-18-2019 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dan (Post 551712)

Missed this before, but...

Dealers are currently telling owners "Toyota knows there is an issue and they're looking for a fix," but there's nothing official out of Toyota. Some owners have filed complaints with NHTSA. I took advantage of broken super-slow pump to see how much gas I could get in without any apparent overflow and the results were close to what I would have expected if there was no suspected issue.

Beyond that, we're just living with it. It's a pain to try to fill it and there's too much chance of overfill and doing damage to the evap canister. My wife's kind of pissed off about it, but loves the car otherwise.

clyde 12-18-2019 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dan (Post 551712)

Quote:

Originally Posted by clyde (Post 553660)
Missed this before, but...

Dealers are currently telling owners "Toyota knows there is an issue and they're looking for a fix," but there's nothing official out of Toyota. Some owners have filed complaints with NHTSA. I took advantage of broken super-slow pump to see how much gas I could get in without any apparent overflow and the results were close to what I would have expected if there was no suspected issue.

Beyond that, we're just living with it. It's a pain to try to fill it and there's too much chance of overfill and doing damage to the evap canister. My wife's kind of pissed off about it, but loves the car otherwise.

My contact at Toyota just let me know a service bulletin was just issued and complaining will now get us a new gas tank. Car needs an oil change, so I think I'll ask my wife to take it in for that and to complain about the tank while there.

Alan 12-19-2019 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clyde (Post 555067)
My contact at Toyota just let me know a service bulletin was just issued and complaining will now get us a new gas tank. Car needs an oil change, so I think I'll ask my wife to take it in for that and to complain about the tank while there.

That is good news, I’m glad you are finally getting some resolution to this problem.

Biggins 12-20-2019 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clyde (Post 555067)

If it is an option, I would call the Toyota corporate hotline and have them schedule the appointment with the dealer. I did this for the FR-S engine recall, and it seemed like having big Toyota assign the dealer the work allowed me to have a few extra perks (loaner, free labor on other work, parts discount) instead of scheduling it myself with the dealer. :dunno: