carmudgeons.com

carmudgeons.com (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/index.php)
-   The Marketplace (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   2018 F80 M3 - 12.4k miles - 6MT Comp & Exec with warranty left (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/showthread.php?t=160093)

IndyMike 03-31-2022 09:18 AM

Sweet! Let me borrow that Easy button the next time I decide to put a car up for sale. :)

Jeff_DML 03-31-2022 11:11 AM

congrats :cool:

FC 03-31-2022 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyMike (Post 585333)
Sweet! Let me borrow that Easy button the next time I decide to put a car up for sale. :)

It wasn't THAT easy, and I feel I am offering a good price, but I am being pragmatic. I also have the warranty clock working against me.

Still getting ~90% of what I paid (and 95%+ if you exclude sales tax) after the better part of 4 years is not bad. I paid for nothing except fuel and the expel wrap.

clyde 03-31-2022 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FC (Post 523753)
Today I will be putting a deposit down on an M3 for European delivery.

I'd love to think I'll keep this car for a long time but who knows. I'm hoping for at least a ZHP-like 6 years.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FC (Post 585338)
Still getting ~90% of what I paid (and 95%+ if you exclude sales tax) after the better part of 4 years is not bad.

Oh well. Maybe next time.

:lol:

Quote:

I paid for nothing except fuel and the expel wrap.
While you may have paid nearly nothing for the car, you also barely got to use it. For some reason, this makes me really sad and I don't know why.

FC 03-31-2022 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clyde (Post 585342)
While you may have paid nearly nothing for the car, you also barely got to use it. For some reason, this makes me really sad and I don't know why.

First of all plans changed, because life. I've covered the job changes. When I ordered it I had been at the same place for 12+ years and thought I would be a lifer.

Yes, I used too little. Part of that is: Euro delivery itself, severely injured right ankle, and COVID. Those 12k miles, we fun, fast miles.

3k/year is what I drove the Boxster, the Turbo, and until the last year, the Miata. I had to go out of my way to put 17k miles on the E91 in 27 months.

If the car's value had plummeted as predicted when I bought it, I'd keep it. Remember, I am effectively trading it for a GTS.

EDIT: Also recall that http://forums.carmudgeons.com/showth...M3+GTI+commute

I had a chance to have both with >1 year overlap. The GTI is the better commuter. I had the M3 all this time, got most of my money back, and get to buy a better toy with it. I can live with that.

clyde 03-31-2022 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FC (Post 585346)
First of all plans changed, because life. I've covered the job changes. When I ordered it I had been at the same place for 12+ years and thought I would be a lifer.

Yes, I used too little. Part of that is: Euro delivery itself, severely injured right ankle, and COVID. Those 12k miles, we fun, fast miles.

3k/year is what I drove the Boxster, the Turbo, and until the last year, the Miata. I had to go out of my way to put 17k miles on the E91 in 27 months.

If the car's value had plummeted as predicted when I bought it, I'd keep it. Remember, I am effectively trading it for a GTS.

EDIT: Also recall that http://forums.carmudgeons.com/showth...M3+GTI+commute

I had a chance to have both with >1 year overlap. The GTI is the better commuter. I had the M3 all this time, got most of my money back, and get to buy a better toy with it. I can live with that.

It wasn't a knock at all. Just an observation. Plans are plans and then things happen. Whatever. And you adapt and make new plans. Again, whatever.

Alan 03-31-2022 04:37 PM

Congrats on the Sale, I hope it goes smoothly.

I used to think of cars as what I would want forever but I realized a long time ago no car is forever, it is just for right now ... at least for me, I cannot say the same for lip277 :lol:

wdc330i 03-31-2022 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan (Post 585372)

I used to think of cars as what I would want forever but I realized a long time ago no car is forever, it is just for right now ... at least for me, I cannot say the same for lip277 :lol:

Yep. Pretty much come to that conclusion for myself as well. Currently, a long-term hold is 5 to 7 years.

JST 03-31-2022 10:41 PM

I had vehicular ADHD for a long time, but a combination of a smaller number of choices and increasing satisfaction with what I’ve got has really changed that.

The Models S and Mk VII R were all relative short-timers, but I’m at close to three years on the M3, four years on the Model 3, and just over a dozen on the Porsche and honestly don’t feel a burning need to replace any of them.

If it weren’t for concerns about maintenance on the Model 3 and the lure of the last gas Boxster, I wouldn’t be thinking of any replacements, tbh.

As it is, I can’t think of anything to replace the Tesla with.

lip277 03-31-2022 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan (Post 585372)

LOL - I resemble that remark!!!!

Lets see - The longer serving cars in my garage are.....
Mustang - In family since 1979. Still gathering dust in the shop as I type this.
2002 - 28 years (sold in 2011)
Yukon - 17 years and 275,000 miles (donated in 2017)
F250 - 16 years (and counting)
740iL - Father bought new in 2001, I've had it since 2007 and now with 230,000 miles (or thereabouts)
E9 - 14 years

Jeezzee - I really don't like to get rid of things, do I... LOL