carmudgeons.com

carmudgeons.com (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/index.php)
-   Perseverators Anonymous (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Tesla Model ≡ Thread (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/showthread.php?t=121553)

wdc330i 08-12-2018 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZBB (Post 534963)
The white interior in all Teslas is “vegan”... Tesla has phased out all leather options — but only black was offered in leather and vegan. Tan leather was replaced by cream vegan. Gray leather was discontinued. The S and X have a black cloth base interior also.

The material used by Tesla is supposed to be stain resistant, but I’d be wary of having white or other very light colors.

The tan leather in my Model S has picked up some blue from jeans — more on the passenger seat than drivers for some reason. My wife’s Mini has an “oyster” interior and it’s just gross how dirty it looks...

Oyster. That’s the name of our interior in the X5.

rumatt 08-12-2018 04:52 PM

JST, why are you trading the S? I just sat in one. The seats are way more comfortable. Doesn't it ride better too?

JST 08-12-2018 04:56 PM

Seats in mine are the older ones, so they aren’t as good. It’s one of my gripes.

Does it ride better? Eh...sort of, in the way that a 5 rides better than a 3.

And I’m not sure I am going to do it. But if I do, it’d be for the same reasons you’d get rid of an M5 for an M3–smaller, lighter, more fun.

rumatt 08-12-2018 05:20 PM

Ah. That's too bad. The S seats I just in were pretty awesome.

The 3 seats are OK but nothing special. Very little side bolstering.

rumatt 08-13-2018 10:21 AM

So I'm just learning that there's no way to use Waze in a model 3?

:? :? :?

Consider me displeased.

clyde 08-13-2018 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clyde (Post 534233)
Unrelated, I think I mentioned seeing a gray one pretty frequently near my house? Don't think I will see it again.

Last week, I saw it getting pulled onto a flatbed after a collision with something else (that was already gone when I got there).

In the small world department, that 3's owner is friends with someone in the local autocross community and had previously autocrossed the 3. The something it collided with was a red light running Benz convertible.

Dude was codriving a C5Z at our event event at FedEx yesterday and demoed some Ludicrous mode launches in his X after the event ended. I didn't stay for it, but saw videos from in and outside the car on Facebook. Impressive.

JST 08-13-2018 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rumatt (Post 535017)
So I'm just learning that there's no way to use Waze in a model 3?

:? :? :?

Consider me displeased.

"No way to use waze"? I mean, you can bring it up on your phone. I think the Model 3 console is kind of a neat trick for using your phone while driving. I guess you can't bring it up on the main screen, but can you do that on other cars?

I'd kind of rather not have it on the main screen, tbh.

JST 08-13-2018 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clyde (Post 535022)
In the small world department, that 3's owner is friends with someone in the local autocross community and had previously autocrossed the 3. The something it collided with was a red light running Benz convertible.

Dude was codriving a C5Z at our event event at FedEx yesterday and demoed some Ludicrous mode launches in his X after the event ended. I didn't stay for it, but saw videos from in and outside the car on Facebook. Impressive.

What color was the 3--the dark gray? I saw one at the Tyson's service center the other day that had been hit in the side/left rear wheel. Still had temp tags.

clyde 08-13-2018 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JST (Post 535025)
What color was the 3--the dark gray? I saw one at the Tyson's service center the other day that had been hit in the side/left rear wheel. Still had temp tags.

Yes, dark gray, but damage was front end.

rumatt 08-13-2018 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JST (Post 535024)
I guess you can't bring it up on the main screen, but can you do that on other cars?

Yes. Any car that has android auto or a waze app.

I guess having it running in the console tray down below isn't so bad. But now I have to start two routing apps every time I drive anywhere. :rolleyes: