carmudgeons.com

carmudgeons.com (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/index.php)
-   Car Talk (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Gunna be a good driving day today !! (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/showthread.php?t=159518)

3LOU5 07-30-2020 01:26 PM

Gunna be a good driving day today !!

So for the last 2 weeks, I parked my beloved E46 in front of our Spyder in the garage.. Because of this move, I've been forced to ride the tryke more than usual. I've also been taking turns driving my Silverado and Sienna to/from work. I've also been commuting with my Harley, although with temps in the high 90's, it feels like I'm riding through a huge blast furnace and arriving at work sweating profusely and sometimes smelling like diesel exhaust (gotta love passing semis at 70 mph on the interstate).

So today, I'm driving my BMW for the first time in 2 weeks.

Should feel like the day I picked her up at Ferman BMW in Florida 18 years ago (wow, has it been THAT long ?!?!) when she was brand, spankin' new....

That is all.

;) :cool:

SARAFIL 07-30-2020 01:33 PM

18 years? Wow! I feel like I’m getting so many of these examples lately of “its been HOW long since _______??”

3LOU5 07-30-2020 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SARAFIL (Post 562162)
18 years? Wow! I feel like I’m getting so many of these examples lately of “its been HOW long since _______??”

Right ??

Crazy how time flies, especially as one gets older.

It sucks, lol.

She still runs like a top though, thank goodness !!

wdc330i 07-30-2020 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3LOU5 (Post 562165)
Right ??

Crazy how time flies, especially as one gets older.

It sucks, lol.

She still runs like a top though, thank goodness !!

I love that you still have that car.

3LOU5 07-30-2020 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdc330i (Post 562166)
I love that you still have that car.

Thanks.

I'm one of those people who tries to get their money's worth out of a purchase. It just so happens that this car is one of THE best vehicles I've ever owned, and will most likely keep it until they take the keys away from me due to blindness or slow reflexes.

Although, I'm not quite sure that if I was comfortably wealthy like many members here, that I'd keep such a vehicle for that length of time.

Still, I guess I've developed a fondness for this car, and would feel awful if I just traded/sold her away.

(Wow, I'm really weird, lol.)

:lol: :lol:

Theo 07-30-2020 04:32 PM

There are several long term owners on here. My last car, JST’s Boxster and Plaz’s 1M to name a few. There are others. Do what’s best for you and that’s all that matters. Besides you have lots of “rides” to chose from. Most only have one.

FC 07-30-2020 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Theo (Post 562175)
There are several long term owners on here. My last car, JST’s Boxster and Plaz’s 1M to name a few. There are others. Do what’s best for you and that’s all that matters. Besides you have lots of “rides” to chose from. Most only have one.

Knocking on wood, but our LR4 was built 7 years ago and we just drove to NH today and remarked about how much we like it. I can't imagine not keeping it for many more years.

Alan 07-30-2020 05:41 PM

There is very good reason to love the E46 ... I wish I still had my 330i, it was one of my favorite cars !!

clyde 07-30-2020 09:22 PM

I miss my E46xiT.

Glad to see you're still enjoying your lesser version. ;)

FC 07-30-2020 09:40 PM

E46’s were good cars. I really liked the ZHP. It was a great first new car.