carmudgeons.com

carmudgeons.com (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/index.php)
-   Car Talk (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   No such thing as a non douchebag Lexus driver (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/showthread.php?t=158645)

lemming 07-11-2019 06:24 PM

No such thing as a non douchebag Lexus driver

Just an observation with a large daily sample size.

wdc330i 07-11-2019 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lemming (Post 550312)
Just an observation with a large daily sample size.

So true. They are just more entitled Camry drivers...

equ 07-11-2019 07:45 PM

I wonder what they think of bmw or porsche drivers zipping around them and breaking their zoned out meditative states and making them pay actual attention.

ff 07-12-2019 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by equ (Post 550317)
I wonder what they think of bmw or porsche drivers zipping around them

They probably think "oh, the irony".

lemming 07-12-2019 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ff (Post 550330)
They probably think "oh, the irony".

Not untrue.

But usually there’s more Lexus drivers than others.

John V 07-12-2019 03:30 PM

Meh. Drivers are pretty much universally terrible and inconsiderate. If you ever want to experience this, simply drive a truck towing a trailer. It's almost as though your turn signals are flashing "please speed up and pull along side me so I can't merge." I've taken to putting on the signal when there's a hole and just moving over. If someone really wants to speed up and sideswipe my trailer, they can play that game :)

Jeff_DML 07-12-2019 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John V (Post 550332)
Meh. Drivers are pretty much universally terrible and inconsiderate. If you ever want to experience this, simply drive a truck towing a trailer. It's almost as though your turn signals are flashing "please speed up and pull along side me so I can't merge." I've taken to putting on the signal when there's a hole and just moving over. If someone really wants to speed up and sideswipe my trailer, they can play that game :)

my buddy just got back from a several week roadtrip in his motorhome and was ranting about how people are aholes to him.

Alan 07-12-2019 06:04 PM

Quote:

That's because no one wants to be behind you ... I try very hard not to be behind a trailer because the rocks that get kicked up from the trailer ALWAYS hit my car. Yes it's better if the trailer is not empty because it doesn't bounce around as much but it still happens.

Also I never want to be behind a pickup truck either ... they pick up rocks and literally throw them at my car. Is there someone hidden in the pick up bed with a stash of rocks doing this :dunno::D

I just took a bit of a road trip in my daughters A4 and the trailers kicked up quite a bit of road debris ...

BTW great car for a road trip :thumbup:

FC 07-12-2019 10:03 PM

Quote:

So true. I towed the Lemons race car+gear to NHIS in the LR4 and people suck.

Today I was behind a classic zombie driver. Doing 35 on a 45 and then 35 on a 25 as the road approach a thickly settled area.:rolleyes: Oh, and hands at the 11 an d12 positions. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

John V 07-13-2019 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AF (Post 550336)
That's because no one wants to be behind you ... I try very hard not to be behind a trailer because the rocks that get kicked up from the trailer ALWAYS hit my car. Yes it's better if the trailer is not empty because it doesn't bounce around as much but it still happens.

Then don't follow so closely?

I don't like being behind trailers either. But it's a dick move to speed up specifically to block someone from merging.