carmudgeons.com

carmudgeons.com (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/index.php)
-   Keepin' it local (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Seattle BMW Dealer - Open House Sun (10/4) - My car will be there!!! (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/showthread.php?t=28250)

lip277 09-30-2009 11:50 PM

Seattle BMW Dealer - Open House Sun (10/4) - My car will be there!!!

The local BMW dealer here in Seattle has recently built a new facility and is hosting an "Open House" this Sunday.

I received an invitation (via the CCA) to have my CS included in a small group of cars to be shown that day.

:D

Just thought I'd say that if you are in the area.... Might be fun to stop by.

It runs 10am-2pm on Sunday.

http://www.bmwseattle.com/dealership/directions.htm

lupinsea 10-01-2009 01:55 PM

Ah, so they finally finished with their construction. Cool. I had seen renderings on the walls of the SA area last time I was in.

Going to be busy painting kitchen cabinets this weekend so I'll miss it.

lip277 10-05-2009 12:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
It was a real nice day.

So nice - After the event... I went on a 180 mile drive. :)

Here's a pic.
This day was for the CCA crowd. They will be having a 'Grand Opening' event in about a month.
They invited me back for that one too. Should be fun.

Here's a pic.... Camera started goofing up after I took this one (point and shoot Sony... I didn't bring the DSLR... oh well)

Again - I great day.

FYI - This was the first time I have had the car out on a long drive....
I have ~3200 miles on it now in the year I have had it.

Some notes -
That noisy transmission really does get on my nerves.
The steering wheel not being 'straight' - also annoying.
I've received more 'thumbs up' from passers by in the year I have had this than in the 25 years I have had the 2002 and the Mustang.... combined. This car really does bring out the crowds. I had parked on the street (in a small town on Whidbey Island). I was talking with my wife on the cell phone - I had two different people make a point of kneeling down and giving me a smile.... I had to smile back
The car does 105mph nice and smooth (have to love the M30 - and new tires/wheels- and a clear stretch of road for passing a group of cars)

ff 10-05-2009 08:15 AM

:cool::thumbup:

FC 10-05-2009 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ff (Post 245192)
:cool::thumbup:

:+1

Optimus Prime 10-05-2009 10:40 AM

Awesome. :thumbup:

clyde 10-05-2009 10:40 AM

cool

Sharp11 10-05-2009 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lip277 (Post 245186)
It was a real nice day.

So nice - After the event... I went on a 180 mile drive. :)

Here's a pic.
This day was for the CCA crowd. They will be having a 'Grand Opening' event in about a month.
They invited me back for that one too. Should be fun.

Here's a pic.... Camera started goofing up after I took this one (point and shoot Sony... I didn't bring the DSLR... oh well)

Again - I great day.

FYI - This was the first time I have had the car out on a long drive....
I have ~3200 miles on it now in the year I have had it.

Some notes -
That noisy transmission really does get on my nerves.
The steering wheel not being 'straight' - also annoying.
I've received more 'thumbs up' from passers by in the year I have had this than in the 25 years I have had the 2002 and the Mustang.... combined. This car really does bring out the crowds. I had parked on the street (in a small town on Whidbey Island). I was talking with my wife on the cell phone - I had two different people make a point of kneeling down and giving me a smile.... I had to smile back
The car does 105 nice and smooth (have to love the M30 - and new tires/wheels- and a clear stretch of road for passing a group of cars)

Nice Lip, that particular bimmer has always been a favorite of mine :thumbsup:

lupinsea 10-05-2009 01:38 PM

Awesome. . . . Ok, Whidbey Island. . . where'd you go for the rest of the 180 trip? :)

It was a gorgeous day, too. . . from what I could see from inside my plastic shrouded kitchen and clouds of sanding dust.

lip277 10-05-2009 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lupinsea (Post 245233)
Awesome. . . . Ok, Whidbey Island. . . where'd you go for the rest of the 180 trip? :)

I drove around... I considered the ferry - but.... nope.
Well - Overall it was a 275 mile day. I was just counting the additional miles that I did over what going to Seattle and back would have done.
I filled the tank with 14 gallons... out of a capacity of 15.5. I think I know now how much I can 'push it' - I have never had the fuel gage that far down. But I knew where I was going and the stations along my route, so.... I was ok.

Trip odometer read 280 when I got gas. I started with 5 miles so..... :cool: