carmudgeons.com

carmudgeons.com (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/index.php)
-   Perseverators Anonymous (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   About to do something very stupid (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/showthread.php?t=145749)

robg 02-23-2018 06:56 PM

Congrats!

ED is always a great experience - you can't go wrong there. You kind of "bond" with the car more as well which makes it more likely you'll keep it for a longer period of time.

As long as you don't find anything highly annoying about it, I think it will easy to keep the car for 5-6 years. Plus, it sounds like this is the car you really want and have wanted for quite a while. Had you decided to "be practical", and get, say, a 340i instead that's where you likely would've regretted your decision and ended up ditching the car early to get the car you really wanted in the first place. I wouldn't worry at all about the sunroof vs no sunroof. Doubt it will make a noticeable difference in resale either way.

rumatt 02-23-2018 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robg (Post 523818)
ED is always a great experience

One of them anyway. :lol:

bren 02-23-2018 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rumatt (Post 523813)
Yeah but which M's are not doing well resale wise?

This new one. ;)

FC 02-23-2018 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rumatt (Post 523822)
One of them anyway. :lol:

:D

FC 02-23-2018 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bren (Post 523823)
This new one. ;)

You are such a dick. :lol:

FC 02-23-2018 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robg (Post 523818)
Congrats!

ED is always a great experience - you can't go wrong there. You kind of "bond" with the car more as well which makes it more likely you'll keep it for a longer period of time.

As long as you don't find anything highly annoying about it, I think it will easy to keep the car for 5-6 years. Plus, it sounds like this is the car you really want and have wanted for quite a while. Had you decided to "be practical", and get, say, a 340i instead that's where you likely would've regretted your decision and ended up ditching the car early to get the car you really wanted in the first place. I wouldn't worry at all about the sunroof vs no sunroof. Doubt it will make a noticeable difference in resale either way.

This is all true. I think my wife is also on "if I don't let him get this one, I won't stop hearing about it for 10 years!" mode.

...even though I've been quite reasonable and she herself shot down the idea of a GTI or an R instead.:eeps:

ZBB 02-23-2018 08:15 PM

Congrats!

Enjoy the ED experience. What does the delivery trip look like?

bren 02-23-2018 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FC (Post 523825)
You are such a dick. :lol:

:D

FC 02-23-2018 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZBB (Post 523828)
Congrats!

Enjoy the ED experience. What does the delivery trip look like?

Doing a bit of a mix of both previous trips with a bit extra. We are taking the kids with us. 2 weeks.

Day 1) BMW factory/museum/car delivery. PM Drive Munich to Salzburg via quick stop at Berchtesgaden (Eagle’s Nest) – 125 miles (3+ hours of driving total)
Day 2) Stay in Salzburg
Day 3) PM Salzburg to Hallstatt – 46 miles (1+ hours of driving)
Day 4) Stay in Hallstatt
Day 5) Early AM Hallstatt to Bolzano (via Grossglockner Hochalpenstrasse and the Dolomites) – 261 miles (all day worth of scenic driving).
Day 6) Early AM Bolzano to Lake Como (via Swiz.) – 164 miles (5+ hours of driving)
Day 7) Stay in Lake Como
Day 8) Early AM Lake Como to Interlaken (via Gotthard & Susten passes) – 141 miles (4+ hours of driving)
Day 9) Interlaken to Strassbourg via blackforest (with brief stops along the way) – 211 miles (all day worth of driving)
Day 10) Strassbourg to Rothenburg ob der Tauber (stopping in Stuttgart only to visit MB & Porsche Museums) – 186 miles (3+ hours of driving)
Day 11) Stay in Rothenburg - Have break-in service done – Dealer is 2 miles away. I should be at or over 1200 miles.
Day 12) Rothenberg to Munich via Schwangau – 250 miles (under 4.5 hours total)
Day 13) Return car and fly out.

May ditch Strassbourg in favor of more time in Interlaken so we can visit Jungefrau.

ZBB 02-23-2018 08:28 PM

Nice.

I’d recommend spending more time in Interlachen — beautiful area...