carmudgeons.com

carmudgeons.com (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/index.php)
-   Keepin' it local (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   MudgeonFest (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/showthread.php?t=41817)

Jon 02-28-2011 06:42 PM

MudgeonFest

You guys in the NE are all invited to come hang out at Ripken Stadium on Saturday, August 6th. Hopefully we'll get some good weather and have a great time.

TD 02-28-2011 07:30 PM

It's on the calendar.

And I look forward to finally meeting you, Jon.

BTW, in case anyone didn't make the connection, Jon is referring to Bimmerfest East.

FC 02-28-2011 07:59 PM

Cool. But no chance for me. Maybe another year.

bren 02-28-2011 08:38 PM

So, any bets on how many cars go off the entrance road backwards?

rumatt 02-28-2011 09:18 PM

Last time I heard "Bimmerfest East" was this when it was at Nassau Coliseum, and collocated with a BMWCCA autocross I attended.

Jon, did you join forces with those guys? Or did you find that lawyer you were looking for and run them out of town?

At the '04 event I recall that one fine, upstanding gentlemen had somewhat bad aim while using the porta potty... It happens to the best of us at times, but not usually when taking a shit.

That's all I remember from the event. Oh that and Dado's car blew something while he was doing his drift show and dumped oil all over our autox course, so we were delayed while it was cleaned up. Good times.

JST 02-28-2011 09:32 PM

What ever happened to Dado?

Jon 02-28-2011 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rumatt (Post 298878)
Last time I heard "Bimmerfest East" was this when it was at Nassau Coliseum, and collocated with a BMWCCA autocross I attended.

Jon, did you join forces with those guys? Or did you find that lawyer you were looking for and run them out of town?

At the '04 event I recall that one fine, upstanding gentlemen had somewhat bad aim while using the porta potty... It happens to the best of us at times, but not usually when taking a shit.

That's all I remember from the event. Oh that and Dado's car blew something while he was doing his drift show and dumped oil all over our autox course, so we were delayed while it was cleaned up. Good times.

I actually managed to get the name trademarked back in 2006. The "Bimmerfest East" (2.0) organizers who had asked me for permission to use the name had tried and failed to register the TM. Since then we have been planning an East Coast show. 2 years ago we were but a pubic hair away from a joint event with the PDC...

Quote:

Originally Posted by TD (Post 298856)
It's on the calendar.

And I look forward to finally meeting you, Jon.

BTW, in case anyone didn't make the connection, Jon is referring to Bimmerfest East.

That's what I am excited about. Finally, an opportunity to me all of you guys after a decade of friendship online.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FC (Post 298866)
Cool. But no chance for me. Maybe another year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JST (Post 298879)
What ever happened to Dado?

I haven't heard anything about Dado for years. He was in a totally different crowd... :)

clyde 03-01-2011 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon (Post 298853)
You guys in the NE are all invited to come hang out at Ripken Stadium on Saturday, August 6th. Hopefully we'll get some good weather and have a great time.

I think we're driving back from FL on the 6th. Any chance you'll be around through the weekend?

kognito 03-01-2011 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rumatt (Post 298878)

I concider the Nassau events to be bimmerfest east 2.0

Way before that, there used to be meets at Rutgers in New Brunswick NJ. At one of them, maybe around 1995?? was the first (and only) time I saw an M1 in person.

If you had to put a label on the different events, I would say the early Rutgers events were more like Concours events, truely some nice, older, rarer, BMW's (no Lambo doors, or anything like that ;) )

Jon 03-01-2011 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clyde (Post 298886)
I think we're driving back from FL on the 6th. Any chance you'll be around through the weekend?

Perhaps... (haven't really thought that far ahead yet)