carmudgeons.com

carmudgeons.com (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/index.php)
-   Car Talk (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Clear Bras (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/showthread.php?t=158828)

nate 11-26-2019 03:41 PM

Clear Bras

1 Attachment(s)
Yeah, this is not a good look.

Theo 11-26-2019 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nate (Post 554031)

I don’t have it on my hood but I do on my front bumper and you literally cannot tell. But then the entire thing is wrapped so there is no line or contrast.

John V 11-26-2019 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nate (Post 554031)

Uh... What happened??

FC 11-26-2019 04:13 PM

Damn!

I yanked the one that came with the Turbo and afterwards I was a bit annoyed I did not not sooner. Mind you that film was 4-5 yo when I took it off and still looked "clear."

Alan 11-26-2019 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Theo (Post 554033)
I don’t have it on my hood but I do on my front bumper and you literally cannot tell. But then the entire thing is wrapped so there is no line or contrast.

The whole car ... that must have been really expensive, how many years ago did you do it ?

My friend has it on his F car and he is nervous that if they need to remove it for any reason that he will lose paint.

Theo 11-26-2019 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan (Post 554036)
The whole car ... that must have been really expensive, how many years ago did you do it ?

My friend has it on his F car and he is nervous that if they need to remove it for any reason that he will lose paint.

WHOLE CAR!! LOL. NOOOOO. Just the front bumper.

John V 11-26-2019 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan (Post 554036)

It can be a bear to get off (depends on the film) but if it was applied over relatively modern factory paint there is no worry of losing paint.

Applying clear bra over a re-spray is always a risk. I'm guessing his Ferrari is not a re-spray though :lol:

Alan 11-26-2019 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John V (Post 554041)
It can be a bear to get off (depends on the film) but if it was applied over relatively modern factory paint there is no worry of losing paint.

Applying clear bra over a re-spray is always a risk. I'm guessing his Ferrari is not a re-spray though :lol:

No it’s an original no paintwork car, I think he is the second owner so the car came with it ...

clyde 11-26-2019 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John V (Post 554041)

What amazes me every fall is how often SCCA stickers take off clear coat from relatively new cars.

John V 11-27-2019 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clyde (Post 554054)
What amazes me every fall is how often SCCA stickers take off clear coat from relatively new cars.

This is a thing? I've never seen it.

Do people not know the "put the sticker on your shirt before applying it to the car" trick?