carmudgeons.com

carmudgeons.com (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/index.php)
-   Keepin' it local (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Seattle - Might be time again... (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/showthread.php?t=50022)

lip277 02-03-2012 11:05 PM

Seattle - Might be time again...

to have a get-to-gether.

So - Who's in?

Where?

And... of course...

When?

Thoughts?

My work schedule the next 6 months sucks - but still want to see what we can do here.

I'm thinking of either in Seattle or the Eastside. Lot's of choices...
I have some ideas - but want to hear from you too.

Post here and lets see what works out.

kognito 02-04-2012 11:50 AM

Sounds good to me (us)

still looking for work, so I don't have a work schedule. But have hundreds of things to do before we move into the house in Monroe. (then probably hundreds of things to do afterword)

My wife and I had a deal, first one to find job, the other one finds house and sets it up. I think now that I lost out on that deal.

Now that we all live in Snohomish, something local to all three of us is OK too.

kognito 02-05-2012 12:05 AM

And hey, WTF?? I thought the weather here in February was supposed to be terrible???

lip277 02-05-2012 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kognito (Post 330609)
And hey, WTF?? I thought the weather here in February was supposed to be terrible???

It is..... SHHHHHHH!!!!
You'll jinx it for us. ;)

lupinsea 02-06-2012 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lip277 (Post 330612)
It is..... SHHHHHHH!!!!
You'll jinx it for us. ;)

X 100 :slap::D

And I was enjoying it, too. Had the top down on the Miata pretty much the whole weekend. Yesterday Nate and I took the car out to a local conservation area for some hiking. Then we hit some twisty back roads for some top-down driving.

Anyways.

I'd be up for another get together. I can't do the 18th as it's around my anniversary. Otherwise, most days, and particularly the evenings are open.

In the Monroe area there is MiTierra, a pretty good mexican place. That is close to home for Doug and almost equidistant between Kevin and myself.

Um. Trying to think of other places we could go, too.

Oh.

There are a few places that are pretty good in the Mill Creek area: Cafe Neo and Azul (right next door to each other). Cafe Neo is greek. Azul is like high-end-ish mexican. Both with reasonable prices but good food with more sophisticated atmosphere. I'd say Azul is a notch or two above Cafe Neo.

I'll try and think of some more.

kognito 02-06-2012 09:20 PM

Mill Creek is nice, We looked at a couple of houses there.

We went to a Thai place in Monroe the other night that seemed like the best Thai food we have ever had (and we have had Thai food all over the US)

Benjarong

But I'm open to anything/anywhere

Is this a Boy's night out?? or Spouses too???

lip277 02-07-2012 10:08 AM

Either way - just us or Spouses too - either way I'm game.

In MC, across the street from Azul/Neo is a good italian place - Capri.

But - I'm open to options...

lupinsea 02-07-2012 01:40 PM

I'm game either way, too but if it's spouses it might be tough with Nathan as we'd have to pull some babysitting favors with family or friends.

If it's just boy's night out then my wife can be home with our son.

The Thai place sounds great and Mill Creek sounds like it offered a number of good options, too?

kognito 02-07-2012 07:20 PM

Fine with me if Nathan joins us, but that is totally your call

ZBB 02-07-2012 08:13 PM

Hey -- my daughter did OK at the meet-up last summer... She's not much older than Nathan...

lupinsea 02-09-2012 01:33 PM

Your daughter did awesome, ZBB. She seemed much calmer than Nathan, too. He's a bit of a high energy kid and likes to move. . . a lot. Sitting still during extended dinner conversations and such, well, it wouldn't be pretty.

lupinsea 02-09-2012 01:34 PM

BTW, did we have a day we were thinking of doing this? My anniversary is on the 18th of February but other than that the days are pretty open.

ZBB 02-09-2012 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lupinsea (Post 331081)
Your daughter did awesome, ZBB. She seemed much calmer than Nathan, too. He's a bit of a high energy kid and likes to move. . . a lot. Sitting still during extended dinner conversations and such, well, it wouldn't be pretty.

We took her to dinner with us starting at an early age -- so she learned how to act in a restaurant. We've had a few times where she wouldn't settle down, but overall have had very good luck with her in public...

lupinsea 02-13-2012 01:50 PM

Nathan does . . . ok. And we've taken him out since he was young, too.

He was a little better when he was younger but seems to have regressed. We're trying to work with him more on this. He's not as bad as many kids but not where we'd like him to be.

He's also a little unpredictable as sometime he's just wound up for some reason.

lip277 02-13-2012 11:09 PM

So - where would you like to go?

I'm coming from Everett....
Lup - Shoreline?
Kognito - Monroe?

We could do something downtown or ????? More towards Woodinville or the East Side to be in the middle for us.

There is a pretty good Italian restaurant in Woodinville that I went to a few weeks back....

http://www.italianissimoristorante.com/

Very nice... But maybe a bit formal for us.
There's also Redhook in Woodinville too. :)

kognito 02-14-2012 10:18 AM

Balance of new furniture arriving today and tomorrow, this weekend we should be moved out of the RV. So it is pretty crazy for us until after president's holiday.

We are still learning the area in regards to restaurants, So I am open to anything/anywhere

lupinsea 02-14-2012 05:29 PM

Yeah, I'm in Kenmore which is pretty much at the same latitude as Shoreline but halfway between there and Woodinville.

Hm. Any objections to the Mill Creek Town Center? Sounds like there are a number of restaurants we could hit within a 30 second walk once we're there. And it's pretty central.

Map of Mill Creek vs. Kenmore, Monroe, and Everett

After presidents day would work best, here, too. Oh, and I think Monday, Wednesday or Friday would work best but I'd need to confirm with my wife's schedule.

Speaking of which. . . I'll probably be coming solo so my wife can stay home and watch our son and get him to bed on time. I'm cool if you guys would like to invite your wives or just make it a guy's night out.

kognito 02-28-2012 01:00 PM

We are all moved out of the RV. (drove it down to Chehalis yesterday to consign it)

This week is a little busy. Went to the home show last week down at the Clink, and lots of contractors are scheduled for roof/siding quotes this week.

Other than this I am ready for a get together, and I have a bunch of questions for you guys now that we are residents of WA

lupinsea 02-29-2012 02:58 PM

Ah, sweet.

Congrats on the completed move-in and congrats on getting the Volvo to the consignment place. Out of curiosity, with only a single rear axle do you think you'll have difficulty selling it?

Anyways, was there a time and date you guys were thinking of? I can do Monday, Wednesday or Friday unless something particular comes up that I don't know about right now. Tues and Thursdays are no-go for the next 2 months. And I think I can do weekends, too.

kognito 02-29-2012 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lupinsea (Post 333229)
Ah, sweet.

Congrats on the completed move-in and congrats on getting the Volvo to the consignment place. Out of curiosity, with only a single rear axle do you think you'll have difficulty selling it?

Anyways, was there a time and date you guys were thinking of? I can do Monday, Wednesday or Friday unless something particular comes up that I don't know about right now. Tues and Thursdays are no-go for the next 2 months. And I think I can do weekends, too.

No the RV is at the consignment lot. I have interested folks already for the Volvo, as it is all setup to haul large, heavy RV's

I just can't sell it till I know the RV is gone. If the consignment lot can't sell the RV, I don't even have a plan B yet for the RV, but until I know I don't have to move our RV anymore, I can't sell the Volvo. (I have a 36K offer in my pocket for the Volvo)

lupinsea 02-29-2012 05:53 PM

Ah. Ok, I was figuring the Volvo and the 5th wheel were "the RV".

kognito 02-29-2012 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lupinsea (Post 333281)
Ah. Ok, I was figuring the Volvo and the 5th wheel were "the RV".

I think it would be too hard to find a buyer for the package. Plus in SD I have my truck titled as a private truck. No such designation here in WA. It is either a commercial truck (hign insurance, and I would need a CDL) or a motorhome (would need portable or fixed toilet, auxillery power unit, shore power,etc) lots of things my truck doesn't have, and I don't want to spend the bucks to install just to sell it to someone in WA.

lip277 05-27-2012 09:25 PM

So - should we get the locals together in Mill Creek?
Azul?
Weds? Or maybe Thurs?

ZBB 05-27-2012 10:55 PM

I'll be up in BC from Jun 8-17, but we're flying in to Vancouver this time.

If anyone wants to head up to Saltspring Island that week, let me know (we'll be there from the 10-17 -- going to a wedding in Vancouver first...)...

kognito 05-28-2012 10:55 AM

Thursday is probably better for me than Wednesday, but could do either.

Hopefully contractors will be finished with the siding on the house by Wednesday (but I won't bet on it)

lip277 05-28-2012 11:04 AM

Thurs may work then...

Lup?

lupinsea 05-28-2012 04:38 PM

Yeah, I think I can do Thursday but I'll want to double check with my wife.

lupinsea 05-29-2012 02:07 PM

Alrighty. . . Thursday is a go. But what time? Later would be preferable since it's month end close where my wife works and she is getting back from a week long vacation. She's expecting some crazy hours.

Would 8 - 8:30pm be too late for you guys?

And Azul sounds great!

kognito 05-29-2012 02:46 PM

Not too late for me, but then I will be solo. Jutta has to get up very early for work

lip277 05-30-2012 03:15 PM

works for me...

Email sent - TTYL