carmudgeons.com

carmudgeons.com (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/index.php)
-   Car Talk (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Random car sighting of the day (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/showthread.php?t=9949)

equ 05-23-2007 11:26 PM

Random car sighting of the day

Saw an r8 out in the wild today... (particularly picturesque block in downtown Manhattan, cobblestones... one of the friends I met tonight saw Richard Gere on the same block tonight. Nicole Kidman lives around the corner).

It is hawt! The led's look great at night (especially with a great urban backdrop). It is very low & wide - very supercar looking. My gf asked me if its bottom would be scraping every inch of the way.

ZBB 05-24-2007 12:03 AM

I haven't seen an R8 in person yet, but it does nothing for me... So I'll chime in on my random car sighting from last week...

On the way home I saw three separate Bentley Continentals -- a Flying Spur (sedan), a GTC (convertible) and a GT (coupe)...

Sharp11 05-24-2007 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by equ (Post 146119)
My gf asked me if its bottom would be scraping every inch of the way.

See that? The girls are so practical - good question, too.

Ed

equ 05-24-2007 10:45 AM

ZBB: It did nothing for me at the auto show - but seeing it prowling the night was cool. I think it will be more of a hit then people imagine.

Ed: She's really with it with respect to cars. Swears by her subaru.

Sharp11 05-24-2007 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by equ (Post 146132)
Ed: She's really with it with respect to cars. Swears by her subaru.

Yes, mine loves hers too ;) It's the perfect car for her, lots of cargo space, AWD, high safety ratings, light controls.........I think she wants to keep it forever :eeps:

Ed

Josh (PA) 05-24-2007 03:33 PM

I haven't seen one in person yet either, but my random car sighting(s) came on Sunday. Driving back from Home Depot, I saw 3 ferraris in short order (I don't live in a high ferrari per capita neighborhood). As luck would have it, there was a ferrari gathering/show at the country club up the street open to the public. I stopped and got to see and hear my first Enzo. It is a pretty impressive machine in person, but the sound is what is truly soul stirring. What an amazingly intimidating collection of mechanical sounds: burbles, thumps, growls, grumbles. Other highlights were an old 250GT, a 275Gt, an F50, every mid engined V8 model, the new 612. It was an awesome way to spend an hour between working on my lawn mower and washing my car.

lupinsea 05-25-2007 10:32 AM

Saw an Aston Martin today . . . on the streets of Edinburgh.

Did I mention I'm on vacation now?

(will post in another thread)

ZBB 05-25-2007 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stuka (Post 146163)
Some guy parked his Bentley GT coupe on the curb outside of our 4plex apartment the other day.

I've had 2 sightings of GT coupes in my neighborhood -- one parked in front of a house down the street last fall one evening. Then another one parked in a driveway around the corner from us last week.

Bentley GTs are becoming relatively common here... I see coupes at least 2-3 times a week now. Sedans about 2 times a month. But only that one convertible so far...

dredmo 05-25-2007 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lupinsea (Post 146219)
Saw an Aston Martin today . . . on the streets of Edinburgh.

Did I mention I'm on vacation now?

(will post in another thread)

Ok, I'm drooling, pics!