carmudgeons.com

carmudgeons.com (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/index.php)
-   Keepin' it local (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Seattle get-together (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/showthread.php?t=10171)

operknockity 07-25-2007 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lupinsea (Post 153431)
Freemont an interesting neighborhood with a draw bridge, 2 story troll under another bridge (grasping a VW bug), and some other interesting sights.

Ah... That's were the troll is.

lip277 07-26-2007 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by operknockity (Post 153432)
Ah... That's were the troll is.

:drink2: :groupjump

hehe - Might have to take the 'tour' of the Seattle landmarks (the ones the tour books don't tell you about... ) :)

lupinsea 07-26-2007 12:00 PM

It's fun at Halloween when a people gather at the troll under the bridge (north end of the Aurorra (Hwy99) bridge over the ship canal. Pumpkins lit up, people dressed as ghouls, goblins, and witches, and this big, gray, spooky 2 story troll lurking above everyone.

Kind of cool.

It was build by 4 guys, one of whom was a professor I had in my design/build studio in Architecture school. Guy by the name of Steve Badanes who was a member of Jersey Devil Design/Build.

Fremont is definitely an interesting little neighborhood in Seattle with it's own free-spirit art-centric reputation. This has changed somewhat in recent years as companies such as Google, Adobe, Ghetty Images and such set up shop there and the rest of the neighborhood gentrifies a bit. But it's still a fun, eclectic jumbled mix of everything.

The neighborhood has a little bit of everything: including trolls, Lenin statues from the Soviet Union, nake cyclists, beer, and many other things.

lip277 07-27-2007 09:55 AM

I drove the Mustang today.... So I'll have that when we all meet.
Finally got the car back from the shop where they were addressing loose steering and some minor nits....

Looks like top-down weather.

:)

Doug 07-27-2007 10:51 AM

Lisa and I are carpooling so you will get to meet the new bride too

lupinsea 07-27-2007 11:15 AM

Cool.

Thinking of driving the Jeep. Agree w/ Kevin, definitely looks like top-down weather. Maybe door off weather, too?

Doug 07-27-2007 11:20 AM

we'll have the Camry (no comments or Lisa will kick your butt) :D

operknockity 07-27-2007 11:32 AM

I just googled the address to get directions and turns out it's only about a mile from where I am, so I'll probably just walk over.

The laptop gets packed up in about an hour or so... So see you all later!

lupinsea 07-27-2007 05:18 PM

haha. . . don't worry Doug, I'll keep my mouth shut.

Doug 07-27-2007 06:10 PM

Hey, I hate to say it but we have to put ourselves down as a "maybe". it sucks because we carpooled on purpose just so we wouldn't have 2 cars to go up tonight but I've had something come up and may not be able to get out of it. I'm hoping we can work around it and get there, we are really looking forward to getting together with everyone.