carmudgeons.com

carmudgeons.com (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/index.php)
-   Spit Shined (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   wheel well cleaner? (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/showthread.php?t=2951)

blee 10-12-2004 05:28 PM

I used to use a bottle of cheap tire shine (even used the cherry-smelling stuff until I realized how long that odor would waft into the cabin) and a cloth. Just spray directly on the wheel well, wipe down. Had to be careful not to get any on the treads, for obvious fokkin' reasons.

Mathew 10-12-2004 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug
The undercarriage spray is NOT a cleaner. It's a coating that makes things look nice and shiny, it's a cover up. It does work well.

What he said.

SteveM 10-12-2004 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blee
I used to use a bottle of cheap tire shine (even used the cherry-smelling stuff until I realized how long that odor would waft into the cabin) and a cloth. Just spray directly on the wheel well, wipe down. Had to be careful not to get any on the treads, for obvious fokkin' reasons.

:P "obvious fokkin' reasons!" :lol:

edit: I've liked all their other cleaning and other products, just found the wheel cleaner to be ineffective.

Roadstergal 12-29-2004 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug
The undercarriage spray is NOT a cleaner. It's a coating that makes things look nice and shiny, it's a cover up. It does work well.

Ja, it's like tire shine. Use it once the undercarriage is already clean.

I do rave about the wheel cleaner. It's quicker and more thorough than soap and water, for me. But I do clean my wheels fairly often, and take them off to clean them - rinse off the surface dirt, spritz with cleaner, wipe with a cloth or sponge, rinse. The Heliums are the first wheels I ever bought new, and I want to keep them lookin' good.

blee 12-29-2004 08:03 PM

How do you support the car while you clean the rims?

Roadstergal 12-29-2004 08:15 PM

Quote:

I work an extra job in the evenings... :P

Jack stands.

Mathew 12-29-2004 10:03 PM

I have a bottle of wheel cleaner I haven't used in a few months. It's turned a dark green color...

Nick M3 12-29-2004 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roadstergal
Quote:

Jack stands.

I thought that's what the UNDERwire was for? :twisted:

lip277 12-30-2004 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick M3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Roadstergal
Quote:

Jack stands.

I thought that's what the UNDERwire was for? :twisted:

Ohhhhhhh........

I just had to chuckle when I heard RG's response. I almost lost my drink when Nick 'kicked in the door'........ That is tooooooo funny......

:lol: