carmudgeons.com

carmudgeons.com (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/index.php)
-   Perseverators Anonymous (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   WDC's Practical Car Perseveration (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/showthread.php?t=159453)

GimpyMcFarlan 07-30-2020 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JST (Post 562145)
...is there still a member that lives in Cleveland? Might be able to have someone swing by and put eyes on it, at least.

That would be me! 😁 I would like to help out in any way possible. I could go see it. Take my own pictures. FaceTime with someone while at the car. Love the Alpine White and Saddle Brown combo. Please don’t hesitate to let me know if I can be of assistance.

wdc330i 07-30-2020 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SARAFIL (Post 562149)
Nicely spec’d but wow that’s expensive for a 2017 330. Wagon premium + used car market is crazy right now.

They've been edging higher for awhile. They literally don't make them like this anymore

Quote:

Originally Posted by JST (Post 562150)
So it was used as a service loaner for a while? I guess that's not fantastic but it doesn't seem like a deal breaker.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SARAFIL (Post 562152)
From that history it looks like it might have been a former loaner car

Does seem like a pretty high-optioned car for a loaner, no? Kind of strange. Maybe the dealer's personal car? If they do that kind of thing???

Quote:

Originally Posted by GimpyMcFarlan (Post 562153)
That would be me! 😁 I would like to help out in any way possible. I could go see it. Take my own pictures. FaceTime with someone while at the car. Love the Alpine White and Saddle Brown combo. Please don’t hesitate to let me know if I can be of assistance.

Oh, great! Thanks so much!

Nick M3 07-30-2020 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdc330i (Post 562154)
Does seem like a pretty high-optioned car for a loaner, no? Kind of strange. Maybe the dealer's personal car? If they do that kind of thing???

The 328xdT loaner that my dad and I took a trip in stickered at something like $65k. They clearly punched it to loaner because it wouldn't sell, not because they ordered it that way.

wdc330i 07-30-2020 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick M3 (Post 562155)
The 328xdT loaner that my dad and I took a trip in stickered at something like $65k. They clearly punched it to loaner because it wouldn't sell, not because they ordered it that way.

Interesting. Possibly it was too high-optioned for the market at the time...

Has anyone tried the Mdecoder recently? It seems permanently broken, with no better alternative out there.

ff 07-30-2020 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JST (Post 562150)
So it was used as a service loaner for a while? I guess that's not fantastic but it doesn't seem like a deal breaker.

It would be for me. In my mind, that's basically equivalent to a car being sold out of an Avis fleet. You know those cars aren't treated nicely.

SARAFIL 07-30-2020 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdc330i (Post 562157)

Has anyone tried the Mdecoder recently? It seems permanently broken, with no better alternative out there.

Yea, no set rule for loaners and sometimes you just take the old units off the lot to get the $$ subsidy from BMW to write them down and help you sell them. BMW gives the dealer a credit per month in loaner service. As long as it comes off the road with less than 5k mikes they can offer new car lease programs with minor mileage adjustment. While in demand on used market, wagons weren’t very popular new so this strategy could have helped them move it.

Nick M3 07-30-2020 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdc330i (Post 562157)

I've heard that BMW cut them all off. :(

wdc330i 07-30-2020 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SARAFIL (Post 562159)
Yea, no set rule for loaners and sometimes you just take the old units off the lot to get the $$ subsidy from BMW to write them down and help you sell them. BMW gives the dealer a credit per month in loaner service. As long as it comes off the road with less than 5k mikes they can offer new car lease programs with minor mileage adjustment. While in demand on used market, wagons weren’t very popular new so this strategy could have helped them move it.

That is a very likely explanation, as it was leased with just under 5k miles on it...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick M3 (Post 562161)
I've heard that BMW cut them all off. :(

Well, crap!

wdc330i 07-30-2020 01:42 PM

I'm always a little circumspect about cars from the Louisville area...https://www.bizjournals.com/louisvil...%20on%20record.

Sigh. Despite Gimpy's handsome offer, I think I'm not comfortable buying from afar. Plus a secret fantasy is finding a 2018 version.

wdc330i 08-01-2020 12:14 PM

This is a well-optioned X3. But why would someone lease a car for 1 year and 5 months?

https://www.unitedbmw.com/inventory/...ts3c50k0z08661