carmudgeons.com

carmudgeons.com (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/index.php)
-   Car Talk (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Notable car sighting thread (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/showthread.php?t=35478)

FC 06-22-2010 08:56 AM

Notable car sighting thread

I'll start it off with a 1st-gen Subaru Tribeca ultra-strech limo (WTF?!).

2 miles later, I saw a Ford GT. Red with white stripes. It was pretty.

Sorry, no pics.

clyde 06-22-2010 11:14 AM

bren had a great car sighting the other day due to its tag and context, but only got a lousy blown out photo

bren 06-22-2010 11:34 AM

In defense of the photo - I was trying to keep up with a Lamborghini into a tight off-camber turn, while driving a full size pickup with a car trailer and take the photo with a cell phone at the same time. I couldn't exactly control the location of sun. :toetap: :)

FC 06-22-2010 11:35 AM

What kind of Lambo was it?

bren 06-22-2010 11:36 AM

Whatever kind it was, it had MD State Police tags.

edit: I don't know if it's notable, but I also spotted an F'car and my first Panamera on the road. There was also an Amish couple in a Mazda 626.

GimpyMcFarlan 06-22-2010 12:00 PM

Saw a black Koenigsegg while in Las Vegas a couple weeks ago.

bren 06-22-2010 12:06 PM

Remembered another one....an Elvis impersonator in a Camry. The most notable thing about that was the idiot in front of me in the fast lane who decided to slam on the brakes and get out his cell phone to take a pic.

edit: Actually, now that I think about it, the most notable thing might have been that the Camry wasn't doing 5 under in the fast lane.

Rob 06-22-2010 12:09 PM

I will take a stroll through the lot parking lot sometime this week and post a list. Everything is in here somewhere. I saw a panamera and an Mx6 or whatever those stupid things are the last time I had a meeting that crosses one lot.

Of course there are beat up civics too. Sort of a complete cross section.

ZBB 06-22-2010 12:12 PM

I have both a sighting and a drive:

Sighting: I saw one of the new Bentley Mulsanne's a couple weeks ago. Didn't get a very good glimpse -- it was going north while I was driving south. From a distance, I thought it was a Continental (and I see those almost daily) -- its obviously a Bentley and the front shape is similar to a Continental. I didn't realize it was a Mulsanne until it was about to pass me -- its much larger than a Continental, and the rear haunches are curvier.

Drive: I got to drive a Lotus Evora a couple weeks ago. Fantastic, natural, light. About the only thing I didn't like was that there was almost too much steering feel (you could feel every little bump in the road)...

Edit: As for Panameras, I'm starting to see them almost every day. Saw 3 in 10 minutes a couple weekends ago...

equ 06-22-2010 12:25 PM

A panamera came to the park near me to watch the Red Bull air race. Yesterday, a new red ferrari 430 spyder was up to some on the t-pike... Dealer plates, dude totalling enjoying the afternoon. All sorts of cars fell in behind him (s4 'vert, 535 etc). I had some fun ignoring all that, not going all that fast and still passing them. Knowing your lanes and traffic patterns can do wonders. ;)