carmudgeons.com

carmudgeons.com (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/index.php)
-   Perseverators Anonymous (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Fire Sale... (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/showthread.php?t=84548)

SCA 03-30-2014 09:37 PM

Fire Sale...

Over the past 3 weeks I have sold the 4Runner (waiting to deliver it) & the BMW R1100S. The E90 is under serious consideration at the right price. I am over owning belongings that are rarely used, with exception of the 4R. I have something in the works, a new auto purchase, but it goes against the 'code' of a mudgeon.

SARAFIL 03-31-2014 07:07 AM

Woah... hopefully you're not selling for fire sale prices!! Can't say I blame you though. As I've gotten older, I've put less value on the concept of a "garage queen" and just want something I can drive regularly. Let us know what you end up with, now I'm curious!

lemming 03-31-2014 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SARAFIL (Post 410990)
Woah... hopefully you're not selling for fire sale prices!! Can't say I blame you though. As I've gotten older, I've put less value on the concept of a "garage queen" and just want something I can drive regularly. Let us know what you end up with, now I'm curious!

*yes*

a garage queen just undergoes dry rot and then what you get are engines that eat oil.

kognito 03-31-2014 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCA (Post 410987)
I have something in the works, a new auto purchase, but it goes against the 'code' of a mudgeon.

What color Camry are you looking at? :):lol:

JST 03-31-2014 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kognito (Post 411007)
What color Camry are you looking at? :):lol:

Camrys (Camries?) do not come in colors. There is only one color of Camry, and it is camrysilverbeige.

ZBB 03-31-2014 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JST (Post 411010)
Camrys (Camries?) do not come in colors. There is only one color of Camry, and it is camrysilverbeige.

And it really is an interesting color. On some it appears nearly silver. On others, nearly white, and on others beige. But once on a particular Camry, the color doesn't change unless you happen to induce a camrycorner, and then its only a partial color change...

Josh (PA) 03-31-2014 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZBB (Post 411026)
And it really is an interesting color. On some it appears nearly silver. On others, nearly white, and on others beige. But once on a particular Camry, the color doesn't change unless you happen to induce a camrycorner, and then its only a partial color change...

I was following a camry last night and noted it had a corner free bumper. Then I noticed the bumper was shiny and a darker shade of camrysilverbeige suggesting the driver had made their initial allotment of camry corners and was resetting for more.

SCA, are you really getting a camry???

kognito 03-31-2014 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josh (PA) (Post 411054)

that was my rumor, not SCA's :D

Josh (PA) 03-31-2014 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kognito (Post 411059)
that was my rumor, not SCA's :D

I know, but the initial post has strong hints in that general direction.

SCA 03-31-2014 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josh (PA) (Post 411054)

Not only no, but HELL NO!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josh (PA) (Post 411066)
I know, but the initial post has strong hints in that general direction.

SUV and Auto...