carmudgeons.com

carmudgeons.com (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/index.php)
-   Car Talk (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Macan S loaner (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/showthread.php?t=151132)

JST 05-19-2023 10:17 AM

I don’t know what it is about the Q5, but it leaves me absolutely cold. I’d prefer the GLC, which is saying something because the GLC is not good. But at least it’s…idk, interesting?

FC 05-19-2023 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JST (Post 597238)
I don’t know what it is about the Q5, but it leaves me absolutely cold. I’d prefer the GLC, which is saying something because the GLC is not good. But at least it’s…idk, interesting?

I know nothing about the GLC, but I think it looks pretty good. So does the GLE.

Nick M3 05-19-2023 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JST (Post 597238)

I'm pretty sure that the whole point of the Q5 is to be comfortably uninteresting from the way it looks to the way it drives.

robg 05-19-2023 10:52 AM

Macan S loaner

I’ve rented them a few times. They feel a bit roomier than an x3 and seemed a little more comfortable. I also slightly prefer the steering on the q5 (both are light but the Audi has slightly better on center feel). Also like Audis digital cluster better. BMW does a better job with the powertrain, and tech features. The q5’s rear bench can slide forward and back which I also thought was a nice feature. Not sure either is going to really excite anyone here to drive. Came close to buying a q5 hybrid last year

SCA 05-19-2023 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FC (Post 597240)
I know nothing about the GLC, but I think it looks pretty good. So does the GLE.

I definitely prefer the GLE exterior design than the current X5.

SCA 05-19-2023 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robg (Post 597242)
I’ve rented them a few times. They feel a bit roomier than an x3 and seemed a little more comfortable. I also slightly prefer the steering on the q5 (both are light but the Audi has slightly better on center feel). Also like Audis digital cluster better. BMW does a better job with the powertrain, and tech features. The q5’s rear bench can slide forward and back which I also thought was a nice feature. Not sure either is going to really excite anyone here to drive. Came close to buying a q5 hybrid last year

If I was cross shopping an X3 and a Q5, I would be at BMW writing a check even though I am at the end of my rope with the brand.

Alan 05-19-2023 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCA (Post 597251)
If I was cross shopping an X3 and a Q5, I would be at BMW writing a check even though I am at the end of my rope with the brand.

I can’t say one is that better then the other, they both are really good.

I’ve got both for my daughters and I can say I enjoy driving each one.

I’ve taken each on road trips, i’ve driven them each locally .., really they are both great vehicles …

wdc330i 05-20-2023 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan (Post 597264)

I’ve taken each on road trips, i’ve driven them each locally .., really they are both great vehicles …

The X3 is very livable. I’m sure I would be happy with one as a second car with something more fun as my daily. Likely could say the same thing about the Q5.

I woke up this morning thinking how nice it would be to add a Z4 with a stick or a Boxster to the fleet. Not going to happen anytime soon, and my garage is too tight with the big GC in it. (And all the storage that has accumulated around it.)

robg 05-20-2023 11:02 AM

Macan S loaner

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan (Post 597264)

I don’t have as much experience with them as you but that’s my feeling as well: it’s a tossup. I’d be fine with either . I’ve never owned an Audi so maybe I’d be biased toward that just to try something different (plus our bmw dealer service dept sucks)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SCA 05-21-2023 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robg (Post 597270)
plus our bmw dealer service dept sucks.

Glad to know that we are not the only ones experiencing shit service from BMW. It does appear to be more of a common occurrence these days.