carmudgeons.com

carmudgeons.com (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/index.php)
-   The Marketplace (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Low-Mileage 2012 BMW 328iT Wagon For Sale (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/showthread.php?t=132276)

Jeff_DML 02-09-2017 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bren (Post 495875)
Nice. Now get a rag and wipe down everything under the hood and the door jambs. :speechle: :p

yeah I noticed that too:cool:

wdc330i 02-09-2017 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bren (Post 495875)
Nice. Now get a rag and wipe down everything under the hood and the door jambs. :speechle: :p

Oops. Not meticulous in that department, obviously!

wdc330i 02-09-2017 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff_DML (Post 495873)
:drink2:

Stumbling over the out-of-state tags conundrum. Any advice? Georgia doesn't offer a temporary tag solution Neither does OH.

bren 02-09-2017 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdc330i (Post 495881)
Stumbling over the out-of-state tags conundrum. Any advice? Georgia doesn't offer a temporary tag solution Neither does OH.

I guess the buyer is expected to complete the paperwork with you, travel home, wait for tags, then retrieve the car. :ack:

Having a trailer sure makes life easy sometimes. :D

wdc330i 02-09-2017 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bren (Post 495883)
I guess the buyer is expected to complete the paperwork with you, travel home, wait for tags, then retrieve the car. :ack:

Having a trailer sure makes life easy sometimes. :D

That's pretty much where my thinking is at present. Yeesh. Much prefer local sales.

Jeff_DML 02-09-2017 01:26 PM

Quote:

yeah I have only sold cars to people in state.

In CA it is just get the money, sign over pink slip and then fill out a release of liability form.

Josh (PA) 02-09-2017 02:19 PM

If he has another plate, he could bring it down, put it on and drive it back. There is some level of risk for each of you, but it is relatively minimal. I've done it a few times in the past. You're relatively protected w/ a notarized bill of sale as long as he adds it to his insurance, he's relatively protected as well.

bren 02-09-2017 02:31 PM

You could also let him drive it home on your plate. I guess it depends on the profit over the trade-in value as to the amount of risk you're willing to tolerate. ;)

Alan 02-09-2017 03:07 PM

I've sold to quite a few cars to out of state buyers, even once to a person who lived in Canada and I let them know it's their responsibility to figure out how to get it home, I take off my plates and my registration stickers as there is jo way I am assuming any type of liability once that car leaves my house.

Also keep in mind they might be from a state where they can get a temp.

BTW I would recommend eBay as a place to sell... it sells the car quickly which to me is the best way to sell it. I don't know about you but when I sell a car I want it gone asap.

If you go the eBay route and need any advice please let me know I've sold a lot of cars there.

ZBB 02-09-2017 03:59 PM

Quote:

GA allows the buyer to literally put a piece of paper in the license plate spot that says "Tag Applied For"...

Crazy.

AZ has a very simple 3-day restricted use permit that can be purchased online and printed out to put on the car...