carmudgeons.com

carmudgeons.com (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/index.php)
-   Car Talk (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   E9 - Jan 2023 Update (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/showthread.php?t=160278)

lip277 01-20-2023 07:00 PM

E9 - Jan 2023 Update

3 Attachment(s)
Hi Folks -

Well.... Time marches on. and on... and.... Yeah, it has been marching for a while now.

The car is approaching completion. It was at the dyno today for tuning of the Megasquirt FI. Made very good power. But... Not good enough. :) The exhaust is going to be changed out for a higher flow one that will get me where I should be (I will get credited for what is there now and only have to pay the difference - if anything - for the new one).

The interior is almost there also. The forward headliner is needing some attention... There are a couple of areas under the hood that need to be cleaned up (relocate the fuel filter to a better spot and redo some wiring routing) and install a polished brass coolant expansion tank in place of the painted one there now.

Brakes work great. The steering is great. Handling is great. Everything works as it should (from what I have been told).
I will fly down in FEB to 'borrow' the car for a long weekend and hand the car back to them for finalizing any loose ends.

From there - I'm not sure if I will go down on my own (with my truck and enclosed trailer) to bring the Coupe north - or have it commercially shipped. I'll figure that out later. Weather and $$ (and my availability) will all play into that equation.

Bottom line is that the car is 98% there now with the end in sight - FINALLY!!!

Stay tuned for the final chapter for this long drawn out journey.... Looking forward to having this all wrapped up. :ack:

SCA 01-20-2023 08:25 PM

Woo Hoo! Looks great!! Getting so close…

JST 01-20-2023 08:34 PM

That’s a lot of Integras

Alan 01-20-2023 10:06 PM

What a beautiful car .. I give you a lot of credit for having the patience to get it done … i don’t recall the number of years but I know it’s been quite a bit.

wdc330i 01-20-2023 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan (Post 593960)
What a beautiful car .. I give you a lot of credit for having the patience to get it done … i don’t recall the number of years but I know it’s been quite a bit.

I was just going to ask how many years it’s been?

Jeff_DML 01-20-2023 11:18 PM

Exciting, congrats 🎉

ZBB 01-21-2023 09:27 AM

Exciting. And it looks great!

lip277 01-21-2023 01:51 PM

Thanks - Yeah, I have been told I have been 'too patient' with this.
But, the circumstances of the car itself (going from mechanical work to 'full meal deal'), the new house and the loss of my brother basically allowed me to be ok with putting a few things aside to concentrate on what I needed to. That and covid really screwed up things for being able to close out the car. The last couple of years have been a non-stop series of dead ends on different aspects of upholstery, mechanical work and restoration as well as just stuff. All is good though. The shop at the new house is not quite ready yet - but it will be soon. So - i was not clamoring for it to be finished. But - I need to get the car back (if for no other reason than it keeps getting improved - and the $$ slope on these improvements are kind of asymptotic now - LOL)

The car was sent to CA in Oct 2017.
Yeah - Just a few days ago. LOL

kognito 01-21-2023 06:47 PM

Looking great Kevin!

Yeah, many times I have dropped off a car saying "I'm in no hurry, take your time, do it right"

You have made an art of this!

Nick M3 01-21-2023 10:44 PM

Looks amazing!