carmudgeons.com

carmudgeons.com (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/index.php)
-   Perseverators Anonymous (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Dial 911 (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/showthread.php?t=122400)

SCA 03-15-2024 04:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
As predicted Racing Yellow and Shark Blue have been removed from the U.S. configurator on March 15th as dealers were instructed months ago. I suppose we will see Ruby Star Neo pulled next month as it scheduled to go NLA as well.

wdc330i 03-15-2024 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCA (Post 603489)
As predicted Racing Yellow and Shark Blue have been removed from the U.S. configurator on March 15th as dealers were instructed months ago. I suppose we will see Ruby Star Neo pulled next month as it scheduled to go NLA as well.

Can't say I'm brokenhearted about Ruby Star...

lemming 03-15-2024 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCA (Post 603484)
Yes… Did you read the first three letters in my post or read the dealer’s comments on the first pic I attached or clicked on the link and read the color on this Porsche dealer’s online listing? ;)

This! 100%

I had to ask -because how did this person get PTS?!?!?!?!??!!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Josh (PA) 03-15-2024 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lemming (Post 603497)
I had to ask -because how did this person get PTS?!?!?!?!??!!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Not sure, but i've seen more PTS cars at Porsche Warrington (one of my locals), than any other dealer. They seem to have 'connections'

cue SCA scolding me that this isn't possible.

lemming 03-15-2024 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josh (PA) (Post 603498)
Not sure, but i've seen more PTS cars at Porsche Warrington (one of my locals), than any other dealer. They seem to have 'connections'

cue SCA scolding me that this isn't possible.

Well.

I’d love to understand how it’s possible then.

Can’t complain if we are getting the cars. But sure would love to know how someone got a 2024 with a PTS color.

SCA 03-28-2024 03:03 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Internal info. Note the dot indicators as well as their meaning.

lemming 03-28-2024 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCA (Post 603631)

Two things —

Will this be to exclusion of a manual or do we still think we could have manual BEV?

Second, it’s hybrid and not plugin right?

robg 03-28-2024 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lemming (Post 603633)
Two things —

Will this be to exclusion of a manual or do we still think we could have manual BEV?

Second, it’s hybrid and not plugin right?

You're talking aobut the 911 I assume? According to the chart SCA posted, it looks like the "mid term" plan is for the 911 to have both ICE and hybrid drivetrain choices. No full BEV. Also no mention about transmission choices. You could have a manual BEV (some EV conversions have this for example), but I really doubt Porsche would offer that. It'd be kind of gimmicky. Anyway it'll be a long time before we see a full BEV 911

As for speculation: I know SCA disagrees, but I still think the 992.2 lineup will include some manuals (though not necessarily on the top spec hybrid aka "Turbo" models is my guess).

FC 03-28-2024 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCA (Post 603631)

Interesting. I wonder if the the ICE 718 will be PDK-only or if they will one day still offer a 6-cylinder NA MT version. Seems pretty unlikely, but who knows?

Josh (PA) 03-29-2024 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robg (Post 603634)

As for speculation: I know SCA disagrees, but I still think the 992.2 lineup will include some manuals (though not necessarily on the top spec hybrid aka "Turbo" models is my guess).

That's what I was told by my dealer as well. The base cars would not be hybrid presumably to maintain a manual option