carmudgeons.com

carmudgeons.com (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/index.php)
-   Perseverators Anonymous (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   A4 Pricing Help (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/showthread.php?t=40322)

nbj 12-31-2010 05:16 AM

A4 Pricing Help

Hey guys,

Longtime lurker on here, but now it is time for me to perseverate.

On a whim, I test drove a 2008 A4 yesterday and was surprised by how much I liked it. It was reasonably nimble and quick and it seems that Audi fixed a lot of the issues I had with the feel of the B6 A4s. I'm even more surprised that I'm considering purchasing it. However, I'm completely out of the loop regarding used A4 values. Does anyone have access to Galves? What is the wholesale price for a 2008 Special Edition A4 with the Ti package?

http://www.bergstromauto.com/certifi...seHistory=true

Thanks!

TD 12-31-2010 10:23 AM

No input on pricing, but we have the Special Edition '08 wagon. For what it is, it's a great car - it's engaging and feels lighter than it is. As long as your performance expectations do not involve track time our autox-ing, it's a really fun to drive car. And, reliability-wise, we've had no issues with ours.

nbj 12-31-2010 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TD (Post 292146)
it's engaging and feels lighter than it is. As long as your performance expectations do not involve track time our autox-ing, it's a really fun to drive car.

Thanks for your input TD. I was surprised how light it felt when pushed hard. It's not perfect, but it is significantly more fun and responsive than my '96 A4.

My performance expectations are pretty low - the E92 M3 fulfills my track day needs. I need a car that can get me from CA to WI, and back, at any time of the year without boring me.

My gut says that the car should be worth about $20k. If I can get them to offer it to me for that price, I'll help them take the car off their books today.

TD 12-31-2010 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nbj (Post 292147)
Thanks for your input TD. I was surprised how light it felt when pushed hard. It's not perfect, but it is significantly more fun and responsive than my '96 A4.

My performance expectations are pretty low - the E92 M3 fulfills my track day needs. I need a car that can get me from CA to WI, and back, at any time of the year without boring me.

My gut says that the car should be worth about $20k. If I can get them to offer it to me for that price, I'll help them take the car off their books today.

I recommended one to a co-worker recently and doing a (very) quick Autotrader search at the time suggested that low $20Ks is typical for private party sales.

Our A4 is the family truckster but on the days I take it to work, it's really quite fun to put through the motions. It's different than any BMW, but that doesn't mean it's not fun.

kognito 12-31-2010 01:26 PM

Just a guess here, but I bet the Quattro is worth more in Wisconsin than it is in Newport CA.

Alan 01-01-2011 02:38 PM

According to Galves the trade in would be:

$19,225.

Base Audi 2.0t $16,700
quattro +$1800
s line + $900
not automatic -800

miles should be 39,000
credit for 33k miles +625.

I would add at least $2k for the vehicle being certified but keep in mind Galves is the trade in value so I would add a $2 to $3k more to that as well.

Hope this info helps ... personally I think that one looks really nice !!

FC 01-01-2011 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AF (Post 292192)

$19,225.

Base Audi 2.0t $16,700
quattro +$1800
s line + $900
not automatic -800

miles should be 39,000
credit for 33k miles +625.

I would add at least $2k for the vehicle being certified but keep in mind Galves is the trade in value so I would add a $2 to $3k more to that as well.

Knowing nothing, my gess would have been 25K.

nbj 01-02-2011 08:49 PM

Quote:

. . .

Your info was very helpful. My initial offer to pay $2k over wholesale didn't go over well. However, I've since negotiated the price down to $25,300 with $1,500 for my trade in. I only want this car if I can get an exceptional deal, which in my opinion means somewhere in the 24's certified. I don't need the car; my old '96 A4 is still chugging along nicely. I'm trying to get the salesman to make it so I can't pass up buying the car.

nbj 01-04-2011 11:40 AM

Quote:

[P]ersonally I think that one looks really nice !!

It does look pretty nice in my driveway. I finally got them to offer me more for my trade and lower their asking price by a substantial amount. It was too good to pass up...

kognito 01-04-2011 01:48 PM

Congrats