carmudgeons.com

carmudgeons.com (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/index.php)
-   Perseverators Anonymous (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Tesla Model ≡ Thread (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/showthread.php?t=121553)

equ 03-11-2019 09:11 AM

Nice, it actually looks kinda good, donut and all, glossy black on red (clearly the best color for that car).

I guess Hyundai will see a run on its parts and start producing them overtime once Teslarati wake up to this. No wait, only 1 in 1000 will. Same with bmw spares, I seem to be one of three guys in the country putting them together. It was four before JST went over to the other side.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

rumatt 03-11-2019 10:29 AM

Sorry ZBB, I forgot to respond to your question about the trunk.

Mine closes very easily. If I drop it from the right height it closes on its own.

JST, how does that wheel deal with the 3mm lip? Is it just lug centric?

JST 03-11-2019 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rumatt (Post 546694)

Mine closes very easily. If I drop it from the right height it closes on its own.

Honestly I didn't pay that close attention, but it fits fine, mates flush to the hub.

Alan 03-11-2019 01:24 PM

Not too bad ... I like the red calipers too !!

ZBB 03-11-2019 02:17 PM

Quote:

Thanks... Good to know. I can’t drop my trunk — and it takes a fairly forceful close to get it to close.

I need to call the body shop today...

clyde 03-19-2019 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZBB (Post 545861)
And... My car is home.

https://jalopnik.com/porsche-911-gt2...tio-1833402234

Ship sank with 4 of the last 911 GT2 RSs en route to South America(?) for delivery (among a bunch of regular other Porsches, Audis, etc). Porsche is going to make at least one more GT2 RS to replace at least one of the sunk cars. Part of a poorly translated Porsche letter to customer waiting for delivery:

Quote:

As you may know, Porsche ended the 991 GT2 RS production on February 2019 and under normal circumstances, it wouldn’t be possible to give you another car. But, due to the nature of the situation, and considering that you’re a loyal and highly valuable customer for our brand, Porsche has decided to resume the GT2 RS production in Germany, and your vehicle will be produced in April, with delivery scheduled for June.
This made me think of the timeline of ZBB's car's repairs.

John V 03-20-2019 05:29 AM

Quote:

Every wheel is lug centric.

ZBB 04-08-2019 07:53 PM

So I picked my car back up over a week ago. Trunk no longer leaks. The body shop also did the other things. The only thing that bugs me is they didn't replace the trunk liner -- looking in the driver's-side storage area in the trunk, I can see wrinkles on the felt-like material Tesla uses. Oh well.

I also complained to the insurance company that I hadn't receive reimbursement for the rental car receipts submitted ~6 weeks ago. They responded with an oddball amount based on the very first rental car (which was paid for by my insurance). I re-submitted the receipts today. Ugh. Still no word on the diminished value claim (although I have an appraisal that cost $50 as a start -- want to see what they offer first).

ZBB 04-08-2019 08:00 PM

4 Attachment(s)
So… The racist CA vanity plate thread got me thinking about OH special/vanity plates.

Apparently, both of these vanity/special plates are available in OH:

:lol::lol::lol:

Edit: Both are available on the Ohio "Superman" Plate. Too bad they don't have an Iron Man plate :lol::lol::lol:

JST 04-08-2019 08:09 PM

Ha ha.

I also thought about the friends of coal one, but I don't think anyone has a good enough sense of humor about such things to make it worthwhile.

A couple of quick Model 3 updates:

--I ended up getting a key fob for mine, and am happy to be able to unlock remotely again, without screwing around with the app.

--I got the 5 percent power increase over the air. Petty sure I can't feel the difference.