carmudgeons.com

carmudgeons.com (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/index.php)
-   The Marketplace (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   A feeler (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/showthread.php?t=35204)

equ 06-11-2010 09:27 AM

A feeler

Not officially for sale, but yes, I am thinking about it. After over 3.5 years, may be time to let go of the croc.

Atlas gray/black leather, 24.3k miles, bose/heated seats.
Only one mod: HID's.

No track or accidents. Not even an auto-x (I know I'm lame, sadly auto-x'ed my zhp but didn't have time these last few years).

Only story ever is that driver's side window was broken and my detector/jacket/gps were stolen.

4 oil changes. New rear tires at around 18k miles.

I deem to be worth in the low to mid-30's.

JST 06-11-2010 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by equ (Post 271670)
Not officially for sale, but yes, I am thinking about it. After over 3.5 years, may be time to let go of the croc.

Atlas gray/black leather, 24.3k miles, bose/heated seats.
Only one mod: HID's.

No track or accidents. Not even an auto-x (I know I'm lame, sadly auto-x'ed my zhp but didn't have time these last few years).

Only story ever is that driver's side window was broken and my detector/jacket/gps were stolen.

4 oil changes. New rear tires at around 18k miles.

I deem to be worth in the low to mid-30's.

That seems like a very solid price based on the asking prices I've seen for these cars, though of course I have no idea what the transaction prices actually were.

Good luck--I'd be intrigued if I didn't already have a mid engined Nazi slot car of my own.

rumatt 06-11-2010 10:48 AM

:eek::eek:

Plaz 06-11-2010 11:08 AM

I'd be very tempted if I didn't have an 8 year-old who so presumptuously wants somewhere to sit *in* the car.

zach 06-11-2010 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rumatt (Post 271676)
:eek::eek:

I'll drive it for you until you can drive a stick again. You can borrow my truck.

rumatt 06-11-2010 11:11 AM

Equ...

If, hypothetically, a guy showed up for a test drive with his right arm in a slight, would you let him take the car out?

:D

equ 06-11-2010 11:29 AM

I haven't made my mind up fully yet. I'd be very sad if it went and I ended up without a suitable replacement. Mentally go through the pros vs. cons of selling it weekly.

Just now, with clouds darkening the sky, the atlas gray looked so good, I wanted to come back and delete the post (if not the whole thread). And now it's too late.

kognito 06-11-2010 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rumatt (Post 271680)
Equ...

If, hypothetically, a guy showed up for a test drive with his right arm in a slight, would you let him take the car out?

:D

Just a sling?? bummer

I broke my right wrist in 84, and when my doctor put the cast on, I convinced him to put the lid from a spray can upside down into the bottom of the cast. I then removed the shift knob and used the lid in the cast to move the shift lever.

Plaz 06-11-2010 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kognito (Post 271688)
Just a sling?? bummer

I broke my right wrist in 84, and when my doctor put the cast on, I convinced him to put the lid from a spray can upside down into the bottom of the cast. I then removed the shift knob and used the lid in the cast to move the shift lever.

That's awesome! Great planning! :lol:

rumatt 06-11-2010 06:54 PM

Equ,

What's your logic for wanting to get rid of it? You seem to love that car.