carmudgeons.com

carmudgeons.com (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/index.php)
-   Perseverators Anonymous (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   I want a truck (I think?) (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/showthread.php?t=140472)

rumatt 10-30-2017 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kognito (Post 515200)
Does Enterprise not rent trucks in the Northeast? The local Enterprise here has a few nicely loaded F150's Silerado's and Rams

Yep. $100+/day but yeah.

But it's not about the money. It's about convenience. And fun.

3LOU5 10-30-2017 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rumatt (Post 515257)
Yep. $100+/day but yeah.

But it's not about the money. It's about convenience. And fun.

Wow. That's highway robbery that there.

rumatt 10-30-2017 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3LOU5 (Post 515284)
Wow. That's highway robbery that there.

See why I need to buy a truck!?!? :lol:

I decided I'm not looking at trucks or test driving them until the cayman is listed for sale. And I can't seem to being myself to do that yet, so we'll see what happens.

John V 10-31-2017 06:48 AM

There's no point to listing it now. Wait until spring. Nobody wants to buy a sports car and then park it in the garage all winter.

Wait, I just did that.

rumatt 10-31-2017 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John V (Post 515290)
There's no point to listing it now. Wait until spring. Nobody wants to buy a sports car and then park it in the garage all winter.

Wait, I just did that.

That's what I was originally thinking... Except for non-local buyers. Plus this is an R with a crack pipe price so I'm not sure normal logic applies.

I think hitting the market while stocks are still soaring and people have a false sense of wealth and security might be more important.

Either way, I'm not able to pull the trigger yet.. So we wait.

Biggins 10-31-2017 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rumatt (Post 515292)
That's what I was originally thinking... Except for non-local buyers. Plus this is an R with a crack pipe price so I'm not sure normal logic applies.

I think hitting the market while stocks are still soaring and people have a false sense of wealth and security might be more important.

Either way, I'm not able to pull the trigger yet.. So we wait.

I think your logic on timing might be right due to the "special" model status of the R. I'm just not sure you'll find a truck "fun" after having it for a couple months. Good luck with what you decide.

kognito 10-31-2017 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggins (Post 515296)
I think your logic on timing might be right due to the "special" model status of the R. I'm just not sure you'll find a truck "fun" after having it for a couple months. Good luck with what you decide.

I've had my Sierra 1500 since Labor Day, and I still find it enjoyable. I don't think any truck I have ever owned were fun.

But I have had fun times with them

3LOU5 10-31-2017 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kognito (Post 515328)
I've had my Sierra 1500 since Labor Day, and I still find it enjoyable. I don't think any truck I have ever owned were fun.

But I have had fun times with them

Agreed.

Fun times skiing and boating with mine, that's for sure. However, I must admit I do have fun driving in deep snow or off-roading. This is my first rig that I bought that has 4WD and sits higher, so it has a "can-go-anywhere" feel to it.

I like that.

:)

kognito 10-31-2017 05:08 PM

Judging from video from NYC, renting a Home Depot truck might have just gotten a little more difficult

kognito 10-31-2017 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3LOU5 (Post 515341)
Agreed.

Fun times skiing and boating with mine, that's for sure. However, I must admit I do have fun driving in deep snow or off-roading. This is my first rig that I bought that has 4WD and sits higher, so it has a "can-go-anywhere" feel to it.

I like that.

:)

This 1500 is the first truck I have ever bought without 4wd, just didn't seem worth it here in South Carolina.

Time will tell if I wasted money