carmudgeons.com

carmudgeons.com (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/index.php)
-   Car Talk (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Chevy Colorado (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/showthread.php?t=147258)

rumatt 03-29-2018 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kognito (Post 526375)
Or the local dude telling you to take to Albany for service

:lol: yep

3LOU5 03-30-2018 02:03 AM

Just for you, and may you have many trouble-free and memorable miles in your new rig:

ZBB 03-30-2018 05:25 AM

Congrats!

Quote:

Originally Posted by bren (Post 526344)
You know what's even better than buying a domestic vehicle? Service and warranty work. :lol:

Enjoy! (from one of the other few domestic vehicle owners here.) :)

I’lll just say that my experience with GM service was not good, especially for warranty work (the screen issues were never fixed on my CTS - and kept getting worse).

My other domestic has had a great service experience though...

ff 03-30-2018 07:11 AM

Congrats, and enjoy!

Josh (PA) 03-30-2018 08:10 AM

Cool. Hope it works out like you intend. Definitely post the for sale info on the wagon up when it is time. What is your plan for your bikes? Do they fit in the extended cab or will you get a locking cover for the back?

John V 03-30-2018 11:28 AM

Congrats... Hope you get good money for the BMW. I'm sure you will get good money for the CR

rumatt 03-30-2018 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3LOU5 (Post 526388)
Just for you, and may you have many trouble-free and memorable miles in your new rig:

:lol:

All I need is a hitch mount for my american flag and I'm finally a 'murican!

rumatt 03-30-2018 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josh (PA) (Post 526391)
Definitely post the for sale info on the wagon up when it is time. What is your plan for your bikes? Do they fit in the extended cab or will you get a locking cover for the back?

I'll post the wagon for sure.

No way the bikes will fit in the extended cab. It's tiny, and the Colorado is a fairly narrow truck. Which is actually why I got it instead of a full-sized beater. It will fit more reasonably in my garage, as well as my NYC parking space.

I'll probably just get a tonneau cover to put the bike under. I haven't been riding much in the last few months. For now I just want to drive over things and haul firewood and junk around. :bigpimp:

ff 03-30-2018 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rumatt (Post 526437)
:lol:

All I need is a hitch mount for my american flag and I'm finally a 'murican!

Is that a thing up in NY too?

kognito 03-30-2018 07:48 PM

FWIW, my GMC is working perfectly. One recall, the dealer had to print an insert for something missing in the manual.

Our 2010 Chevy Malibu gave us 4 years, 45K miles with zero issues . . . until it did. It shut down while the wife was driving home, I got to it and couldn't get it to stay running either, but got it off the main road it was on until AAA showed up to tow it to the dealer. As soon as it was off the rollback, it started up and ran fine, dealer found no codes.

Dumped it, cause the mrs didn't trust it anymore.

Come to think of it, my 2005 2500HD duramax never visited a dealer either.