carmudgeons.com

carmudgeons.com (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/index.php)
-   Car Talk (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Initial Shark Impressions (E46 330Ci) (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/showthread.php?t=630)

SpaceMonk 12-04-2003 12:18 AM

Initial Shark Impressions (E46 330Ci)

Okay, I'm very pleased. :thumbup: :thumbup:

As soon as I pulled onto the street, I could feel a noticable power increase, which actually surprised me. I guess it could be my imagination, but I really wasn't expecting it to be so noticable. Mind you, it's not an enormous change (and I do have a CAI). But I felt something right away. Nice.

Throttle response is much improved. Very linear now. Better response time. This was what I wanted most, and I'm satisfied.

Of course, the 7k redline is great. With the 330's silly ratio of 2.93, I can now hit 70mph in second gear. Boy does the engine sound sweet between 6000-7000 rpms! :D

I just took a short test drive on back roads, so I couldn't test the removal of the governer's cap.

These are just my initial responses. We'll see if my enthusiasm dies down over the next few days/weeks, or if it increases. :twisted:

lemming 12-04-2003 09:41 AM

didja order yours through Turner or Josh at EuroSport?

SpaceMonk 12-04-2003 10:00 AM

I got it from Turner.

After driving in to work today, I can definitely say acceleration is improved. Hopefully a few other people can drive my car soon so we can hear their impressions as well.

lemming 12-04-2003 10:02 AM

cool.

thanks, 'monk.

sidebar: if you ever listen to 850AM in the morning, i do to keep my sanity in traffic for laughs, you know that they call teh sweatshirt that Coach Belichik wears the monk-shirt. cracks me up. they're always betting if he's going to wear the monk-shirt. in miami or in this weekend's snow.

lemming 12-04-2003 10:05 AM

okay.

am gettin' one now. kwanzaa present to myself.

(that was joke, in case the PC police read that).

SpaceMonk 12-04-2003 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pDz
cool.

thanks, 'monk.

sidebar: if you ever listen to 850AM in the morning, i do to keep my sanity in traffic for laughs, you know that they call teh sweatshirt that Coach Belichik wears the monk-shirt. cracks me up. they're always betting if he's going to wear the monk-shirt. in miami or in this weekend's snow.

Heh. I've only seen Belichik wear that shirt once, but it was foolish looking. I don't care for Dennis and Callahan that much, but I do listen to 850 at times for the morning commute, especially on Mondays. Haven't heard the monk comments, but that's funny. :lol:

lemming 12-04-2003 10:36 AM

...and therefore, your name shall therefore be 'monk-shirt'.

SpaceMonk 12-04-2003 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pDz
...and therefore, your name shall therefore be 'monk-shirt'.

:lol: D'oh!

lemming 12-04-2003 10:52 AM

um, does the Conforti programming minimize that wretched DBW throttle delay?

SpaceMonk 12-04-2003 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pDz
um, does the Conforti programming minimize that wretched DBW throttle delay?

Yes. Thank god.