carmudgeons.com

carmudgeons.com (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/index.php)
-   Car Talk (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Post a recent picture of your vehicle(s) (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/showthread.php?t=32602)

FC 10-08-2019 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lip277 (Post 552544)
Yes, that is a requirement... :lol:

That's awesome. It's funny because the proportions would make you think at first glance that it's not that big until you see the human door on the side and then you realize it's huge!

:cool:

kognito 10-08-2019 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3LOU5 (Post 552548)
That's impressive.

Although your garage doesn't compare with ones out here that can house 40-foot diesel pusher motorhomes.

:lol::lol:

I'm sure the third bay from the left was built just for that!

kognito 10-08-2019 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lip277 (Post 552544)
Yes, that is a requirement... :lol:

Something about your garage reminds me of Goldilocks and the 3 bears

This door is too small, this door is too high, this door is too wide :lol::lol:

wdc330i 10-08-2019 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kognito (Post 552551)

Or Alice in Wonderland...

rumatt 10-08-2019 08:48 PM

I hate all of you :lol:

equ 10-08-2019 09:22 PM

For reasons that are hard to explain, I am very much in a "shedding toys" phase as opposed to adding to the collection. Perhaps, belatedly, I'm adapting to our tight area. Part of me thinks it's an advantage to not have a large garage; this way I end up with less stuff (I currently have a 1-car attached to my house and a lower quality/no-power 2-car detached that's 70 steps below).

I want to get a bike to replace the Ducati that I sold. But then the rational (?) side of me says just keep and ride the bike you have, the r1200r, and it's more than enough (which it is at 2k miles/year).

There is a lot of hoopla, insurance, service trips that a second vehicle is going to require.The KTM 1190 or 1290 ADV bikes are at the top of my list (though they are on the tall side). I've found several candidates that are getting discounted with the ending riding season; but I'm having trouble pulling the trigger. I haven't created the time for test rides, only a randrom ride of a new 1090 last year - planting the seed of swapping the Multistrada for a KTM. However, there are year differences, suspension differences, engine/tire versions etc. It's a complex world. Proper shopping would mean taking a couple of weeks off work and driving around to find the configurations and options.

John V 10-09-2019 09:39 AM

I was in the shedding toys position a couple years back when I sold the motorcycle. I thought I would feel more tugging at my heartstrings from that decision, but in reality I don't find myself missing it.

I'm not a boat or PWC or four-wheeler guy (I like boats, but like pools and kids they're things I want my friends to have but don't actually want to have myself).

I kind of want to have fewer vehicles but everything I own has a specific purpose :lol:

lip277 10-10-2019 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3LOU5 (Post 552548)
That's impressive.

Although your garage doesn't compare with ones out here that can house 40-foot diesel pusher motorhomes.

:lol::lol:

Actually it does....
It is 52' deep and 70' wide. The PO had one of those motorhomes... lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by kognito (Post 552551)

And yes, no two of the six garage doors I have in the house or shop are the same size.

3LOU5 10-10-2019 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lip277 (Post 552582)
Actually it does....
It is 52' deep and 70' wide. The PO had one of those motorhomes... lol

I stand corrected.

I went to an estate sale one time in this development that had many custom-built homes.

One house had a detached garage that had a setup similar to yours. One of the bays had a tall (what looked like to be) 20' door. Inside was a GINORMOUS 45-foot, quad-slide, tag axle diesel pusher. This thing easily costs 1/2 the value of the house. Anyway, upon further inspection, I noticed tubes, cables, hoses and wires deployed from the motorhome.

Yup, the owner had sewer lines, cable TV and water hooked up. He even had a 50-amp outlet in which to power his rig.

IN his garage.

I'm thinking the owner must be sent out "to the doghouse" quite often, and this was his way to deal with it, LOL.

(Yup matt, I hate this guy....)

3LOU5 10-10-2019 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by equ (Post 552557)
For reasons that are hard to explain, I am very much in a "shedding toys" phase as opposed to adding to the collection. Perhaps, belatedly, I'm adapting to our tight area. Part of me thinks it's an advantage to not have a large garage; this way I end up with less stuff (I currently have a 1-car attached to my house and a lower quality/no-power 2-car detached that's 70 steps below).

I want to get a bike to replace the Ducati that I sold. But then the rational (?) side of me says just keep and ride the bike you have, the r1200r, and it's more than enough (which it is at 2k miles/year).

There is a lot of hoopla, insurance, service trips that a second vehicle is going to require.The KTM 1190 or 1290 ADV bikes are at the top of my list (though they are on the tall side). I've found several candidates that are getting discounted with the ending riding season; but I'm having trouble pulling the trigger. I haven't created the time for test rides, only a randrom ride of a new 1090 last year - planting the seed of swapping the Multistrada for a KTM. However, there are year differences, suspension differences, engine/tire versions etc. It's a complex world. Proper shopping would mean taking a couple of weeks off work and driving around to find the configurations and options.

Yeah, I need to start the Shedding Phase myself. I just finished winterizing my boat yesterday, and my body hurts today from bending and contorting in the engine bay to access the 4 drain plugs. But the vehicles I have give me a different feeling of control I enjoy, including my rinky-dink 49cc moped.