carmudgeons.com

carmudgeons.com (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/index.php)
-   Perseverators Anonymous (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Finally made up my mind... (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/showthread.php?t=42500)

SARAFIL 03-25-2011 12:41 PM

Finally made up my mind...

Pulled the plug this morning on my endless debating and ordered a new car. At the end of the day, I scored a really good short term lease deal and I think it will meet my needs quite well for the next 2 years.

2011 335xi Coupe
Le Mans Blue / Black Leather / Bamboo Anthracite wood trim
M Sport Package
Premium Package
Heated Seats
Navigation
HK Sound
Smartphone integration & BMW Apps

27 month lease, 12k miles per year, fees down for $5xx a month including tax. Not a bad deal at all for a $56k car.

Kudos to my friends at BMW of Sudbury (highly recommended for the MA-area 'mudgeons) who gave me a substantially better deal than I thought possible.

SCA 03-25-2011 12:47 PM

:thumbup:

wdc330i 03-25-2011 12:51 PM

Congrats! (Don't park next to FC :))

FC 03-25-2011 01:21 PM

Excellent!

Plaz 03-25-2011 01:30 PM

Congrats! I've been mulling over 335s in my head too, lately... though I'd probably go for the sedan were I to go that route.

I'm not sure if I'd enjoy a 335 sedan or a 1M more. They cost about the same, as I'd spec 'em.

SARAFIL 03-25-2011 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plaz (Post 301625)
Congrats! I've been mulling over 335s in my head too, lately... though I'd probably go for the sedan were I to go that route.

I'm not sure if I'd enjoy a 335 sedan or a 1M more. They cost about the same, as I'd spec 'em.

As y'all know, I really like the 1M and would love to have purchased one. Unfortunately, it didn't work out for a number of reasons:
  • my dealer friends still have customers in their "order bank" without allocations so they could not guarantee when I'd get a car, or even if I could get an allocation
  • minimal discounts
  • horrible lease programs
The 27 month lease just makes a lot of sense for me right now. It's short term, so I don't have to worry too much about being stuck with the car for a long time. There's minimal cash outlay upfront and an attractive monthly payment. It just really "works" for me at this point. It's also a really nice car, though I do admit that I'd prefer the 1M all other things being equal.

zach 03-25-2011 01:45 PM

Awesome deal! My brother might be in the market for a 335xi sedan. I'll have make sure he keeps BMW of Sudbury in mind.

My parents use BMW of Sudbury to get their X5 serviced. Generally very good people.

SARAFIL 03-25-2011 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zcasavant (Post 301627)
Awesome deal! My brother might be in the market for a 335xi sedan. I'll have make sure he keeps BMW of Sudbury in mind.

My parents use BMW of Sudbury to get their X5 serviced. Generally very good people.

FWIW-- I did get special treatment there b/c the entire "front-end" management team is made up of former Inskip BMW employees that I have known for years. Basically, more of my former colleagues are now at BMW of Sudbury vs. Inskip. I have no problem recommending Inskip as well, but the GM at Sudbury went above and beyond and gave me a terrific deal.

FC 03-25-2011 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SARAFIL (Post 301638)
FWIW-- I did get special treatment there b/c the entire "front-end" management team is made up of former Inskip BMW employees that I have known for years. Basically, more of my former colleagues are now at BMW of Sudbury vs. Inskip. I have no problem recommending Inskip as well, but the GM at Sudbury went above and beyond and gave me a terrific deal.

I got pretty good service when I used back when they were FMW.

Jeff_DML 03-25-2011 03:49 PM

congrats, why awd over rwd?