carmudgeons.com

carmudgeons.com (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/index.php)
-   Car Talk (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   another Tesla thread (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/showthread.php?t=158733)

JST 09-20-2019 06:29 PM

another Tesla thread

I won’t turn this into another Tesla thread except to say the service has always been fine, equivalent to what I expect from BMW (and far better than VW), and once you get used to not buying gas, you’ll hate having to do it way more than anything to do with charging.

wdc330i 09-20-2019 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JST (Post 552153)
I won’t turn this into another Tesla thread except to say the service has always been fine, equivalent to what I expect from BMW (and far better than VW), and once you get used to not buying gas, you’ll hate having to do it way more than anything to do with charging.

With the way I drive my 2 and the tiny eye dropper tank, the appeal of no gas ups is strong.

ZBB 09-20-2019 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JST (Post 552153)

Completely agree...

JST 09-20-2019 11:09 PM

Not sure what the tank size on the 2 is, but for around town driving the range on the F80 is 200 to 250 miles.

John V 09-21-2019 07:19 AM

The Tesla is a great performance bargain... If you discount the really not good handling.

wdc330i 09-21-2019 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JST (Post 552164)
Not sure what the tank size on the 2 is, but for around town driving the range on the F80 is 200 to 250 miles.

13.7 gallons. So, similar to the M3–probably closer to the lower end.

equ 09-21-2019 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdc330i (Post 552167)
13.7 gallons. So, similar to the M3–probably closer to the lower end.

That's troublingly small for a 6-cylinder car. For me.

rumatt 09-22-2019 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by equ (Post 552165)
Somehow, everything turns into a Tesla thread. :dunno:

Yeah but this time Clyde started it. I think that might be a first. :D

rumatt 09-22-2019 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JST (Post 552070)
I really shouldn't have clicked on through to see what Model 3 Performance cars are going for these days.

Yeah, I try not to look at it. But don't forget we got a significantly larger federal tax refund than they will. And you also had the option of $5k back if you wanted it. Did you take it?

My only regret is not buying the P3D- aka "Performance Stealth". I had it in my cart for 2 weeks and changed it on a whim. It turned out to be a scam and was literally flushing $5k down the toilet. What the non-stealth got me was:

- A "lowered" suspension. But no one has yet to identify a single part that is different than the normal suspension
- 20" wheels that are are soft and dent so easily that no one wants them, so they're worth no more than a cheap replacement set from Tirerack.
- A carbon fiber spoiler that still hasn't arrived. ("production issues")
- Pedal covers.

I thought Elon fixed this with the $5k redund - but he also gave it to the Performance Stealth folks too. Same for track track mode. So basically I paid $5,000 for pedal covers.

Performance Stealth is the car to buy for sure. It's no longer officially for sale, but you can still find them if you ask around enough. A guy at work just went through this and I convinced him to keep looking, and he found one.

It also gets you below the $50k base price rule that some states require to be eligible for your state refund (often ~$2k)

John V 09-22-2019 01:20 PM

Wait. You're regretting not buying the performance stealth, but it was a scam? Confused.