carmudgeons.com

carmudgeons.com (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/index.php)
-   Perseverators Anonymous (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   2017 M2 Manual (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/showthread.php?t=159322)

JST 01-30-2020 11:05 PM

Different engine. The M2 has a hotter version of the single turbo N55. The Competition has a slightly detuned version of the twin turbo S55 that’s in the M3. Right around 50 extra hp.

JST 01-30-2020 11:10 PM

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...-drive-review/

Nick M3 01-31-2020 07:52 AM

Did the M2C get classed competitively?

clyde 01-31-2020 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick M3 (Post 555879)
Did the M2C get classed competitively?

It moved from AS to BS via the same 12 month rule that bounced the 3 Performance out last month.

So it is now competing against the Camaro SS 1LE.

The M2 was already there and it is quite good. Definitely one of the cars at the top of the mix. General consensus is the M2C is enough better that it may be over for everything else. A few people say that's not the case (and the data they put together is what triggered the reclass), but with more power (quite possibly a good bit more than claimed), and suspension differences (but don't exactly know what's different or how).

I am kinda glad I did not buy a car yet. Now I don't know what to do. All kinds of bad ideas going through my head.

wdc330i 01-31-2020 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clyde (Post 555894)
It moved from AS to BS via the same 12 month rule that bounced the 3 Performance out last month.

So it is now competing against the Camaro SS 1LE.

The M2 was already there and it is quite good. Definitely one of the cars at the top of the mix. General consensus is the M2C is enough better that it may be over for everything else. A few people say that's not the case (and the data they put together is what triggered the reclass), but with more power (quite possibly a good bit more than claimed), and suspension differences (but don't exactly know what's different or how).

I am kinda glad I did not buy a car yet. Now I don't know what to do. All kinds of bad ideas going through my head.

Do it! (Someone here needs to buy an M2.)

clyde 01-31-2020 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdc330i (Post 555895)

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

That's a good one!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Theo 01-31-2020 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdc330i (Post 555895)

Oh I am going to this year just wait. I am just waiting for some things to line up in March. The 981 lost after I drove the M2C for a 20 min test drive at my dealer last week.

The kicker will be trying to find a 19 in the spec I want.

Hockenheim or Sunset, 6spd manual, exc pkg and the hardest part - Sunroof. Oh and NOT the full black rims. Not a fan of the full murderd out look.

Yeah I know the purists dont like that but whatever. The car is to small not to have one and every single car I have had has had one.

Edit: The sale of the M5 will not depend on this purchase but it is for sale again.

Josh (PA) 01-31-2020 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Theo (Post 555897)
Oh I am going to this year just wait. I am just waiting for some things to line up in March. The 981 lost after I drove the M2C for a 20 min test drive at my dealer last week.

Edit: The sale of the M5 will not depend on this purchase but it is for sale again.

This is a very interesting turn. Did you spend some time in a 981? Was it the lack of torques coming from the M5? What turned you away from the P Car?

Theo 02-01-2020 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josh (PA) (Post 555913)
This is a very interesting turn. Did you spend some time in a 981? Was it the lack of torques coming from the M5? What turned you away from the P Car?

That and space. The S55 sounds like shit but is so entertaining. For a turbo motor it’s revs like crazy. 7600 redline. It’s really a special little car.

Alan 02-01-2020 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Theo (Post 555897)

The kicker will be trying to find a 19 in the spec I want.

Hockenheim or Sunset, 6spd manual, exc pkg and the hardest part - Sunroof. Oh and NOT the full black rims. Not a fan of the full murderd out look.

Yeah I know the purists dont like that but whatever. The car is to small not to have one and every single car I have had has had one.

Wow now this sounds cool ... I am with you on the sunroof ... i’ve had cars without it (R8 and now the Cayman) I don’t miss it but I always prefer to have it if it’s an available option.

Did you post a review on the M2 .... I’d be really interested in hearing it.

I have to say whenever I see an M2 which is btw very rare I love the badass look they gave it plus you know the person driving it is a fellow enthusiast.