carmudgeons.com

carmudgeons.com (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/index.php)
-   Keepin' it local (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Seattle - Might be time again... (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/showthread.php?t=50022)

lip277 02-03-2012 11:05 PM

Seattle - Might be time again...

to have a get-to-gether.

So - Who's in?

Where?

And... of course...

When?

Thoughts?

My work schedule the next 6 months sucks - but still want to see what we can do here.

I'm thinking of either in Seattle or the Eastside. Lot's of choices...
I have some ideas - but want to hear from you too.

Post here and lets see what works out.

kognito 02-04-2012 11:50 AM

Sounds good to me (us)

still looking for work, so I don't have a work schedule. But have hundreds of things to do before we move into the house in Monroe. (then probably hundreds of things to do afterword)

My wife and I had a deal, first one to find job, the other one finds house and sets it up. I think now that I lost out on that deal.

Now that we all live in Snohomish, something local to all three of us is OK too.

kognito 02-05-2012 12:05 AM

And hey, WTF?? I thought the weather here in February was supposed to be terrible???

lip277 02-05-2012 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kognito (Post 330609)
And hey, WTF?? I thought the weather here in February was supposed to be terrible???

It is..... SHHHHHHH!!!!
You'll jinx it for us. ;)

lupinsea 02-06-2012 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lip277 (Post 330612)
It is..... SHHHHHHH!!!!
You'll jinx it for us. ;)

X 100 :slap::D

And I was enjoying it, too. Had the top down on the Miata pretty much the whole weekend. Yesterday Nate and I took the car out to a local conservation area for some hiking. Then we hit some twisty back roads for some top-down driving.

Anyways.

I'd be up for another get together. I can't do the 18th as it's around my anniversary. Otherwise, most days, and particularly the evenings are open.

In the Monroe area there is MiTierra, a pretty good mexican place. That is close to home for Doug and almost equidistant between Kevin and myself.

Um. Trying to think of other places we could go, too.

Oh.

There are a few places that are pretty good in the Mill Creek area: Cafe Neo and Azul (right next door to each other). Cafe Neo is greek. Azul is like high-end-ish mexican. Both with reasonable prices but good food with more sophisticated atmosphere. I'd say Azul is a notch or two above Cafe Neo.

I'll try and think of some more.

kognito 02-06-2012 09:20 PM

Mill Creek is nice, We looked at a couple of houses there.

We went to a Thai place in Monroe the other night that seemed like the best Thai food we have ever had (and we have had Thai food all over the US)

Benjarong

But I'm open to anything/anywhere

Is this a Boy's night out?? or Spouses too???

lip277 02-07-2012 10:08 AM

Either way - just us or Spouses too - either way I'm game.

In MC, across the street from Azul/Neo is a good italian place - Capri.

But - I'm open to options...

lupinsea 02-07-2012 01:40 PM

I'm game either way, too but if it's spouses it might be tough with Nathan as we'd have to pull some babysitting favors with family or friends.

If it's just boy's night out then my wife can be home with our son.

The Thai place sounds great and Mill Creek sounds like it offered a number of good options, too?

kognito 02-07-2012 07:20 PM

Fine with me if Nathan joins us, but that is totally your call

ZBB 02-07-2012 08:13 PM

Hey -- my daughter did OK at the meet-up last summer... She's not much older than Nathan...