carmudgeons.com

carmudgeons.com (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/index.php)
-   Car Talk (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   BMW M2 Gran Coup in 2019 (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/showthread.php?t=144823)

rumatt 02-02-2018 10:50 AM

BMW M2 Gran Coup in 2019
 
https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/n...val-rs3-saloon

Jeff_DML 02-02-2018 12:13 PM

Quote:

It gets rear doors and a raised rear roof section to create a five-door liftback shape, which, in M2 Gran Coupé form, promises to be a more practical performance offering than the regular M2.

but will we get it stateside? BMW does not like bringing over hatchback/wagons anymore. Also the article is kind of confusing, seems like this could be the fwd 2 series.

rumatt 02-02-2018 01:41 PM

Yeah, who knows what will come out of this. And how badly they will screw it up.

But I'm always intrigued by the idea of a small, sporty sedan. Let me dream. :D

bren 02-02-2018 01:47 PM

The Merc and Audi are both available here, right?

"A BMW for every segment" should be the new tag line.

Biggins 02-02-2018 02:47 PM

It won't be in my price range, but I'm very interested in what this car could be!

Theo 02-02-2018 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggins (Post 522098)
It won't be in my price range, but I'm very interested in what this car could be!

I could be interested as well. After having my 4-door for so long I think I would miss the two extra doors at this point. 2011 M3 sticks are holding there value extreamly well and are very hard to find.

rumatt 02-03-2018 02:58 AM

If this actually comes to the states and doesn't suck, I might have a hard time resisting.

Nick M3 02-03-2018 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Theo (Post 522106)
I could be interested as well. After having my 4-door for so long I think I would miss the two extra doors at this point. 2011 M3 sticks are holding there value extreamly well and are very hard to find.

To put it in context, more E30 M3s were built than E90 M3s. And sticks were a fraction of that. The slicktop/no nav pool is even smaller.

I still maintain that ZCP is a pretty worthless package, but it’s important to some people.

equ 02-03-2018 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick M3 (Post 522155)
To put it in context, more E30 M3s were built than E90 M3s. And sticks were a fraction of that. The slicktop/no nav pool is even smaller.

I still maintain that ZCP is a pretty worthless package, but it’s important to some people.

What's special about the 2011?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Nick M3 02-03-2018 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by equ (Post 522180)
What's special about the 2011?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Nothing, really, aside from the fact that it’s the last year and the ZCP package was available.

2008 and 2011 were the big year’s of production. 2009 and 2010 were a lot lower.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Forums © 2003-2008, 'Mudgeon Enterprises - Site hosting by AYN & Associates, LLC