carmudgeons.com

carmudgeons.com (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/index.php)
-   Car Talk (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Dealer wants 110K for an Exige (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/showthread.php?t=6378)

FC 01-11-2006 10:25 AM

Dealer wants 110K for an Exige

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Crazy Dealer

Um, I rather buy a Cayman AND an Elise for that much.:rolleyes:

dan 01-11-2006 10:29 AM

those guys are total tools

JST 01-11-2006 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fernando
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Crazy Dealer

Um, I rather buy a Cayman AND an Elise for that much.:rolleyes:

That's an ugly, ugly car. I like the Elise, but the Exige is nasty--and, judging by Automobile's review, it's not worth much (if anything) more than the Elise, from a performance and driving standpoint.

killerdeck 01-11-2006 11:05 AM

Quote from the auction:

Questions from other members

Q: Hmmm? I could swear Lotus priced these in the low $50's...$74k & buy it now for $109?! You've got to be joking! Well, I guess if you have no ethics and can find someone that stupid go ahead and screw 'em!

A: Hey Thanks for noticing!! The point of the ebay auction is to promote the Exige order slots that are available, not to sell a car I don't actually have yet. The high price is so no one actually bids on the car. Furthermore, I have seen dealers advertising their Exiges for $120k, etc. I actually am the opposite. If you have read posts on elisetalk.com, you'd know that I have the most aggressive pricing out there. Thanks for the response, though. Some press is better than no press. At least I know it's working! --Dave

HAHA!

FC 01-11-2006 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JST
That's an ugly, ugly car. I like the Elise, but the Exige is nasty--and, judging by Automobile's review, it's not worth much (if anything) more than the Elise, from a performance and driving standpoint.

To be honest, I like it except for the fastback part. But if I get one (or an Elise) it would be in bright orange :cool: , and it would be a track/autox-only car.

The only two things you get with an exige that you don't with an Elise (if you equip it right) is nicer seats and better aerodynamics. I'm pretty sure that's it. Oh and factory blacked-out forged wheels. And of course, it looks a bit different and you have no rear visibility.

JST 01-11-2006 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killerdeck
Quote from the auction:

Q: Hmmm? I could swear Lotus priced these in the low $50's...$74k & buy it now for $109?! You've got to be joking! Well, I guess if you have no ethics...more

A: Hey Thanks for noticing!! The point of the ebay auction is to promote the Exige order slots that are available, not to sell a car I don't actually...more

HAHA!

I've got to wonder if that's a violation of e-bay's TOU.

FC 01-11-2006 11:07 AM

Quote:

Quote from the auction:

Q: Hmmm? I could swear Lotus priced these in the low $50's...$74k & buy it now for $109?! You've got to be joking! Well, I guess if you have no ethics...more

A: Hey Thanks for noticing!! The point of the ebay auction is to promote the Exige order slots that are available, not to sell a car I don't actually...more

HAHA!

Some people suck at business.

clyde 01-11-2006 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonoboy
those guys are total tools

Is it Criswell? (asked without viewing the auction)

clyde 01-11-2006 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clyde
Is it Criswell? (asked without viewing the auction)

Guess not. Wouldn't have surprised me if it was, though.

rumatt 01-11-2006 12:03 PM

Quote:

Quote from the auction:

Q: Hmmm? I could swear Lotus priced these in the low $50's...$74k & buy it now for $109?! You've got to be joking! Well, I guess if you have no ethics and can find someone that stupid go ahead and screw 'em!

A: Hey Thanks for noticing!! The point of the ebay auction is to promote the Exige order slots that are available, not to sell a car I don't actually have yet. The high price is so no one actually bids on the car. Furthermore, I have seen dealers advertising their Exiges for $120k, etc. I actually am the opposite. If you have read posts on elisetalk.com, you'd know that I have the most aggressive pricing out there. Thanks for the response, though. Some press is better than no press. At least I know it's working! --Dave

That's pretty funny. Probably not the best idea to word it quite so bluntly on ebay's own forum though.