carmudgeons.com

carmudgeons.com (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/index.php)
-   Car Talk (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Post a recent picture of your vehicle(s) (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/showthread.php?t=32602)

Jon 01-10-2019 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lip277 (Post 543868)
Nice. I totally get the 'simple car' thing.

I keep thinking of moving 'down market' in the daily commutermobile department myself.
As in - park the E38 and drive the E23. I totally understand how you can drive an E30 every day - especially in CA.
This is what hangs me up on the E38/E23 trade.....
Heated seats... better defrost... more power (lol - 4.4L M62 vs 2.8L M30)… But - may do so in the summer.

Oh - Nice to see the coastal pics of CA. Makes me homesick.. lol (I'm from MRY - went to school in SLO before moving to Seattle).

Cheers :)

I finally after 3 years of ownership on the e30 got a performance exhaust. It needed a new cat to pass smog, so also removed resonator and added a Magnaflow. The eta engine with 202,000 mi sounds ok...

One thing I love about it is parking. Those massive bumpers with rubber pads and with stock wheels, turning radius is insane. A/C doesn't work, but in SB isn't necessary. Reminds me of my first cars.

It does have H&R Sport suspension. It's low enough to be a drag getting out of it sometimes with my new hip.

BahnBaum 01-10-2019 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon (Post 543871)
It's low enough to be a drag getting out of it sometimes with my new hip.

From the Things I Wouldn’t Have Guessed We’d Be Posting list back in the bfest days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plaz 01-10-2019 03:24 PM

AF: :bigpimp::bigpimp:

Jon: :bigpimp::bigpimp::bigpimp:

:lol:

Jon 01-10-2019 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BahnBaum (Post 543873)
From the Things I Wouldn’t Have Guessed We’d Be Posting list back in the bfest days.

Right??

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plaz (Post 543921)
AF: :bigpimp::bigpimp:

Jon: :bigpimp::bigpimp::bigpimp:

:lol:

Nick M3 03-17-2019 04:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
broke the E30 M3 out today... Haven’t driven the E90 since it got nice.

Alan 03-18-2019 01:29 PM

I haven't seen one of those in years, that really is beautiful car.

Nick M3 03-22-2019 08:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
looking good, even if the alternator is dying

Plaz 03-26-2019 10:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Tail of the Dragon today... bought a photo taken by some guy set up on a pullout.

Warning, this is an enormous image. Be aware before clicking the thumbnail. Posted from my iPad, no good editing tools at hand... just wanted to share.

(I’ve been on a road trip from Jersey down to the Florida Keys, where I had a gig to play. This is on the way back. Car is filthy. :lol: )

Theo 03-27-2019 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plaz (Post 547202)
Tail of the Dragon today... bought a photo taken by some guy set up on a pullout.

Warning, this is an enormous image. Be aware before clicking the thumbnail. Posted from my iPad, no good editing tools at hand... just wanted to share.

(I’ve been on a road trip from Jersey down to the Florida Keys, where I had a gig to play. This is on the way back. Car is filthy. :lol: )

Looks like your killing it there. Nice work. How many miles now. I could wager you have the highest mileage 1M in North America the way people treat them like museaum pieces here only to be traded and not driven.

wdc330i 03-27-2019 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plaz (Post 547202)

Love the enormous image. What a great, twisty road!