carmudgeons.com

carmudgeons.com (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/index.php)
-   Perseverators Anonymous (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Range Rover Sport Td6 (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/showthread.php?t=157418)

JST 12-28-2018 06:20 PM

Quote:

The 0 is the only BMW offered that I would consider.

Josh (PA) 12-28-2018 06:32 PM

When tesla makes a car that I can put a dog comfortably in the back of and drive 300 miles to my lake house let me know.

Snarkiness aside, my coworker has a q5 3.0t and it is a real pleasure to drive. The transmission programing is waaaayyyy better than any BMW I've driven lately. Might want to check it out.

JST 12-28-2018 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josh (PA) (Post 543342)
When tesla makes a car that I can put a dog comfortably in the back of and drive 300 miles to my lake house let me know.

Snarkiness aside, my coworker has a q5 3.0t and it is a real pleasure to drive. The transmission programing is waaaayyyy better than any BMW I've driven lately. Might want to check it out.

You just need smaller pets. My kid's rat fits in the Tesla easily.

lemming 12-28-2018 06:41 PM

Quote:

80lbs, 60lbs and 40lbs.

It’s a lot. And there’s not a lot that can carry them plus whatever else.

While at the dealer I did see this: (new Jag wagon)

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...bca0472e2e.jpg

lip277 12-28-2018 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lemming (Post 543319)
Which?

The one thing that is a little scary is pulling into a Land Rover dealer and seeing a see of vehicles there for “service”.

Seriously. 2/3 of the lot was trucks there for service.

My brother used to have a LR Discovery. The trans gave out on it (under warranty). For while his was in for fixing, he was given a loaner Discovery.

He gets that truck home and... wait for it....
The transmission in the loaner dumped it right there in his driveway.

From that point on - I have admired what they try to do - but not in my wheelhouse for anything I would ever consider. EVER.

JST 12-28-2018 09:07 PM

Oh yeah the Jag wagon is sexy.

What about the Opel/Buick wagon?

ZBB 12-28-2018 09:07 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

I drove from AZ to OH in my Tesla with my dog and wine :cool:

John V 12-29-2018 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JST (Post 543350)
Oh yeah the Jag wagon is sexy.

What about the Opel/Buick wagon?

I've not read anything that suggests that these are remotely enjoyable in any way.

lemming 12-29-2018 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John V (Post 543357)
I've not read anything that suggests that these are remotely enjoyable in any way.

I could not dispute this.

equ 12-29-2018 07:08 PM

Lem, let us know how your drive with the Cayenne and JGC diesels go and how they compare to the RRS Td6.

On the Jeep, the Overland & Summit get a different (air) suspension. Cayenne air suspension is an option and rather rare on diesels. It drove like a tidy Touareg. Nothing fun but competent. The Jeep is competent around town and if you take it easy. If you push it (or if you have emergency avoidance like I had to endure), you might get it on two wheels... Which is primarily why I sold it. Other than

Once again, Macanurbo drives great town or highway, but the consumption reminds me of my v8 S4 in the low teens. With no trips and just local these last 170 miles, I'm getting 12, about double the consumption of the JGC.