carmudgeons.com

carmudgeons.com (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/index.php)
-   Perseverators Anonymous (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Wheel Jack (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/showthread.php?t=160288)

Alan 02-11-2023 06:17 AM

Wheel Jack

I am having a slight issue with my right shoulder and don’t want to risk lifting a wheel to mount my winter set up so I have been looking for a product where I can put the wheel on a Jack and then have the Jack lift it and I can slide it on to mount it.

I have never used a wheel Jack but if you have do you think this is a good unit ….

https://www.harborfreight.com/1300-l...iABEgIaV_D_BwE

Nick M3 02-11-2023 11:44 AM

Those are more for moving the car around. i don’t know that it will get it high enough to do much for you.

FC 02-11-2023 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick M3 (Post 594523)
Those are more for moving the car around. i don’t know that it will get it high enough to do much for you.

Agreed. I think your best bet would be to modify a small motorcycle lift like this one.

Alan 02-11-2023 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick M3 (Post 594523)

I was thinking that also until I read the comments that someone was using it to mount his keep wheels. It says it goes 8” in height but I was not sure if that was a measurement of the unit itself or the guest it raises.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FC (Post 594528)
Agreed. I think your best bet would be to modify a small motorcycle lift like this one.

I like this idea, I would have to google it being that link is a foreign website.

FC 02-11-2023 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan (Post 594531)
I like this idea, I would have to google it being that link is a foreign website.

I only did a 10 second search for images and picked something like what I had in mind. I'm sure there are many similar options available. One would need to modify it to hold a tire safely, otherwise you are back at square one.

equ 02-12-2023 04:34 AM

Semi-"jacking" this jack thread.. I'm interested in getting a low rolling stool to help me with the 3 swaps coming my way in March. Had some cartilage repair done on my knee, so I'd like to minimize stress on it. Anyone has a favorite one?

Alan 02-12-2023 09:14 AM

I placed the order for the harbor freight one in my original post and see if it does the job … I agree with FC the motorcycle one would need a bit of customizing to get it to do the job so I figured let me try the other one first.

Nick M3 02-12-2023 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by equ (Post 594545)
Semi-"jacking" this jack thread.. I'm interested in getting a low rolling stool to help me with the 3 swaps coming my way in March. Had some cartilage repair done on my knee, so I'd like to minimize stress on it. Anyone has a favorite one?

Everyone says the Vypers are the best. I haven’t been able to stomach the price though.

kognito 02-12-2023 05:54 PM

Quote:

I'm real happy with this But I bought it because had read such bad reviews on so many of these types of rolling chairs, and these guys have a large distributing plant less than 25 miles away from me. (they sell a lot to the BMW plant)

Terri Kennedy 02-13-2023 08:10 PM

Quote:

I have a Kreepstool to go with my Kreepster, although mine looks a bit different as the design has changed a bit over 20+ years.