carmudgeons.com

carmudgeons.com (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/index.php)
-   Car Talk (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   It's been a while . . . what's FC's current car plan? (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/showthread.php?t=155466)

lupinsea 10-19-2018 05:55 PM

It's been a while . . . what's FC's current car plan?

Hey, it's been a while since I checked in here. Life got busy and I've sort of tuned out of a lot of the on-line forums i used to frequent, including this place.

How's everyone doing?

Other than FC and his knee. :ack::keeps:

Side note: if you want a cure for your automotive obsession, buy a Juke. Apparently.

Nick M3 10-19-2018 09:32 PM

hey! welcome back!

Josh (PA) 10-19-2018 09:41 PM

Hey Lup!!! We missed you. Stick around a while.

Here's what you missed:

Everyone bought a tesla or a porsche (except me)... Everyone hates Trump (except FF).... Everyone's kids got older (most are in college now)... I need your input on my kitchen design project (see the thread)...

Thats about it.

John V 10-19-2018 09:59 PM

Welcome back!

wdc330i 10-19-2018 10:49 PM

Hey, good to hear from you!

clyde 10-19-2018 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josh (PA) (Post 539918)
Hey Lup!!! We missed you. Stick around a while.

Here's what you missed:

Everyone bought a tesla or a porsche (except me)... Everyone hates Trump (except FF).... Everyone's kids got older (most are in college now)... I need your input on my kitchen design project (see the thread)...

Thats about it.

And RIGHT after lup left, I bought a pony car missing half the bangers. Why'd you make me do that, lup?

Glad to see you back!

3LOU5 10-20-2018 04:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by lupinsea (Post 539904)
Hey, it's been a while since I checked in here. Life got busy and I've sort of tuned out of a lot of the on-line forums i used to frequent, including this place.

How's everyone doing?

Other than FC and his knee. :ack::keeps:

Side note: if you want a cure for your automotive obsession, buy a Juke. Apparently.

Good to see you back !!

As far as vehicles go, we ended up replacing our 205,000 mile Odyssey with Toyota’s “Shaggin’ Wagon”.

I am now on the hunt for a used Miata.

My BMW now has 159,000 miles and I have replaced ALL 4 window regulators.

The attached pic is our current daily drivers.

kognito 10-20-2018 08:51 AM

Hey Jay! Hope you, the misses, Jake and current pet(s) are doing well!

Two years in SC, and Jutta still works in Bothell!

lip277 10-20-2018 09:31 AM

good morning!

I was going to give you a call the other day.... its been a while.

I'm in the process of moving... will have to fill you in on that....
There are a couple of threads here.

Keep in touch - I have to go to the new house and figure out how to move a forklift that is stuck on my rental trailer... lol....

rumatt 10-20-2018 11:11 AM

Thread title :lol:

Josh's reply. :lol:

Welcome back lup! Automotive obsession may lay dormant for years years, but you're never fully cured. (like herpes?) I knew you'd be back eventually. :D

ZBB 10-20-2018 11:18 AM

Welcome back!

Biggins 10-20-2018 12:39 PM

Awesome, welcome back!

equ 10-20-2018 03:13 PM

Welcome back! Hope to hear more from you...

While you were gone I got a Jeep... Unfortunately that only lasted ten months.

FC 10-20-2018 11:49 PM

Hey! Nice to see you back, lup!

It’s weird, I know, but I have no plans (besides returning the leased eGolf in January). Just got the M3, which I hope to keep for many years. The LR4 is awesome, had it for 5 years now and don’t have any plans to sell it at all.

The more likely next move (if it happens at all) would be to upgrade the NC Miata down the line with an ND or a boxster but it’s likely we will do nothing for at least 3 years. I’d like a Wrangler but it makes no sense. There is a real possibility that our next move will be driven (hehe) by our oldest getting a license 6 years from now.

Alan 10-21-2018 01:38 PM

Lup is back ... cool :thumbup:

Now we just need to get Ed aka Sharp back too.