carmudgeons.com

carmudgeons.com (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/index.php)
-   Keepin' it local (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   DC-area private forum (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/showthread.php?t=4206)

TD 04-13-2005 04:22 PM

DC-area private forum

There is a DC-area (NCC) private forum with access restricted to DC-area locals. Please PM me if you are a DC-area member and would like access.

FC 04-13-2005 04:31 PM

Re: DC-area private forum

Fine, as long as you don't use it to talk badly of the "rest of us." :mad:

TD 04-13-2005 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbr129

It's actually been around for a while. There is also an Austin-area private forum as well. I just noticed that ayn had posted a sticky to this forum (Keepin' it local) about the Austin-area forum and I decided I should post one for the DC-area forum.

Do any other areas feel they have enough members to warrant a local board? Just ask and I'll set it up.

FC 04-13-2005 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TD
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbr129

It's actually been around for a while. There is also an Austin-area private forum as well. I just noticed that ayn had posted a sticky to this forum (Keepin' it local) about the Austin-area forum and I decided I should post one for the DC-area forum.

Do any other areas feel they have enough members to warrant a local board? Just ask and I'll set it up.

There's only lemming, zcasavant, and myself in the Boston area (that I know of :eeps: ). I'm not sure that warrants it's own forum yet. But thanks.

Of course, I would be all for it if one is created.

Rob 04-13-2005 08:02 PM

I am sure this was discussed in the past and decided, but why are these forums restricted? I understand that a local forum could be a good idea, but what's so secret that it's hidden? Just curious.

TD 04-13-2005 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwg
I am sure this was discussed in the past and decided, but why are these forums restricted? I understand that a local forum could be a good idea, but what's so secret that it's hidden? Just curious.

The idea is to allow people to feel comfortable giving out addresses or phone numbers to coordinate meeting up knowing that the audience of those posts would be VERY limited.

rumatt 04-13-2005 08:06 PM

Makes sense to some degree, I suppose.

A public invitation to a private forum seems kind of weird though.

TD 04-13-2005 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rumatt
Makes sense to some degree, I suppose.

A public invitation to a private forum seems kind of weird though.

ayn has had a public message posted for the Austin-area forum for many months and dred has had one posted for the Fantasy Gaming forum for years(?).

The Fantasy Gamers forum is hidden to spare the rest of us from having to see their posts.

rumatt 04-13-2005 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TD
The Fantasy Gamers forum is hidden to spare the rest of us from having to see their posts.

Thank you. :thumbup:

lip277 04-13-2005 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rumatt
Quote:

Originally Posted by TD

Thank you. :thumbup:

Double that!
:thumbup: :thumbup: