carmudgeons.com

carmudgeons.com (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/index.php)
-   Perseverators Anonymous (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Dial 911 (http://forums.carmudgeons.com/showthread.php?t=122400)

FC 10-29-2023 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JST (Post 600529)
That’s a GTS America, in Azure Blue

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a4...tion-revealed/

That exact car was at the PEC when I was there. The blue was a little muted for me.

wdc330i 10-29-2023 09:51 PM

I like it. A little more stealth than Shark.

But, quite the markup for that car!

SCA 10-29-2023 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdc330i (Post 600531)
I like it. A little more stealth than Shark.

But, quite the markup for that car!

It is a PTS color when PTS is available so automatic $13k.

Josh (PA) 10-30-2023 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCA (Post 600532)
It is a PTS color when PTS is available so automatic $13k.

I'm still waffling on whether to move forward with the 992s 'vert build if/when my name gets called. Now tha Aventurine is offficially obsolete, I would 'have to' do PTS, as I don't like any of the standard colors offered.

I'm torn between
- Gemini
- Yachting
- Jet
- Amethyst/Viola

Right now it's all just fantasy land, but if I do get the phone call, it's a tough decision. Funny thing is - it is the only aspect of my build that I am waffling on - and to me it is probably the most important.

dan 10-30-2023 10:36 AM

Viola for sure out of those

wdc330i 10-30-2023 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dan (Post 600535)

Agreed.

SCA 10-30-2023 11:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
FYI, PTS and PTS+ have been pulled from the 992 online configurator. Before the configurator was pulled Gemini was NLA.

Email below from PCNA to my dealership GSM in August re my PTS request.

FC 10-30-2023 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dan (Post 600535)

Agreed.

I rank them

1. Viola
2. Yatch
3. Jet green
4. Gemini

All very nice on a 911.

lemming 10-30-2023 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josh (PA) (Post 600534)
I'm still waffling on whether to move forward with the 992s 'vert build if/when my name gets called. Now tha Aventurine is offficially obsolete, I would 'have to' do PTS, as I don't like any of the standard colors offered.

I'm torn between
- Gemini
- Yachting
- Jet
- Amethyst/Viola

Right now it's all just fantasy land, but if I do get the phone call, it's a tough decision. Funny thing is - it is the only aspect of my build that I am waffling on - and to me it is probably the most important.

You’re talking my language. I love the yacht blue. I’m jellies if you can get PTS as an option.

Hope your name gets called.

(Yes. Color matters to you, we all know this)

Josh (PA) 10-30-2023 11:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
As SCA mentioned, I can't right now, which is one of the reasons I haven't been pushing my waitlist forward (along with the price increase, my wife's desire to keep our 991 i/o upgrading and the lack of follow up from our dealership). Also as SCA mentioned - PTS seems to be a moving target. Everytime I look at the 'standard' PTS list colors are added / removed (ie: Gemini and Yachting was gone for a while)

I'm taking the Motoman route, not wanting to pay ADM and not wanting to trade build targets for speed of allocation. The last time I talked to my salesman (~2 months ago), I was hoping to have the flexibility of seeing what the .2 cars offered and either getting a very late .1 build or an early .2 build. I don't know if that will be a reality from my dealership's open orders allocations- and if PTS doesn't open up might all be a moot point.

I attached the last build that was loaded for me - I decided to remove the sport design front facia.