PDA

View Full Version : New V70R review.

FC
05-01-2007, 07:57 AM
Only a few months before production ends. Goofballs.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/?p=3491

John V
05-01-2007, 08:40 AM
I wonder if they could have made the taillights any larger? :eek:

FC
05-01-2007, 08:52 AM
They've been like that since '01 or whenever that model came out. At least in '06 they took out the amber stuff and put LED markers, etc, so it looks cleaner. You get used to the taillights.

OT: Except for during the test drive, I had not driven the V70R with summer tires on. With the winter tires I always had a vibration. I suspected it was NTB that improperly balanced them, so I asked the dealership to check on that vibration as a matter of courtesy (while they replaced my damaged bumper). Allegedly they did and performed a full alignment. The vibration was improved but never totally went away. I just put the pirelli summers back on - no vibrations. I'm still not about to try the 155mph top speed, but I like vibration-free high speed driving.

bren
05-01-2007, 08:54 AM
...suitable competition to BMW’s unassailable M3.

:scratch:

clyde
05-01-2007, 09:13 AM
Isn't thetruthaboutcars the place that claims manual transmission are safety hazards?

Nick M3
05-01-2007, 09:20 AM
Isn't thetruthaboutcars the place that claims manual transmission are safety hazards?
Yes.

FC
05-01-2007, 09:29 AM

Are you serious?:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sharp11
05-01-2007, 10:46 AM
:scratch:

Um, here's the actual quote.

Snicker if you must, but Volvo has publicly proclaimed that their R’s are suitable competition to BMW’s unassailable M3.

C'mon dude, you can do better than that :rolleyes:

Ed

ff
05-01-2007, 10:59 AM

Well, their domain name is "thetruthaboutcars", so they must be right.

rumatt
05-01-2007, 11:08 AM

That's much better. :?

bren
05-01-2007, 11:18 AM

C'mon dude, you can do better than that :rolleyes:

Ed
:dunno:

Sharp11
05-01-2007, 11:32 AM
:dunno:

Your posting made it seem as though it was TTAC who said it when in fact it was Volvo's own pr.

Maybe I'm the one who should be posting the :dunno:

Ed

bren
05-01-2007, 12:06 PM
Your posting made it seem as though it was TTAC who said it when in fact it was Volvo's own pr.

Yeah, good catch. So you think V70/M3 is a reasonable comparison? I don't get the issue? It's not like anyone who read the first paragraph wouldn't have realized that. ;)

I honestly thought I'd copied the full quote. User error.

edit: oh wait, maybe you were just coming to the rescue of TTAC because you were afraid we'd gang up on them for writing something stupid?

clyde
05-01-2007, 04:20 PM

Maybe I'm the one who should be posting the :dunno:

Ed

Oh, I see...Since they say that Volvo said it without offering a link or reference to where that claim was actually made (or who made it), we are supposed to just take their word for it. That's cool.

Sharp11
05-01-2007, 07:36 PM
Yeah, good catch. So you think V70/M3 is a reasonable comparison?

No

edit: oh wait, maybe you were just coming to the rescue of TTAC because you were afraid we'd gang up on them for writing something stupid?

Which is exactly what happened ;)

Ed

Sharp11
05-01-2007, 07:44 PM
Oh, I see...Since they say that Volvo said it without offering a link or reference to where that claim was actually made (or who made it), we are supposed to just take their word for it. That's cool.

I don't know, is that the internet standard these days, to back everything up with a link? If so, we'd all be awfully busy.

I'm not defending TTAC nor am I particularly interested in the editorial content of Bren's quote, I just thought for the record, the entire quote should be there, even Bren admits it was user error - so what's the big deal?

Jeez, you guys get worked up over the silliest things :stickpoke:

Ed