PDA

View Full Version : Audi s3?

robg
10-26-2014, 11:25 PM
Just saw one for the first time this weekend. Thought it looked great. Somehow all the little tweaks over a regular a3 come together to make it look much better. I think this will be on my short list for my next car. Unless audis notoriously terrible leases spoil it.

equ
10-27-2014, 09:13 AM
I took one on a short loop before pulling trigger on new s4. IMHO, it was neither as fun to steer as the golf R nor as powerful, luxurious and awesome as the s4.

S4 is very underrated, car feels close to 400hp. Helm is numb, but chassis and brakes are very good. On a different performance planet compared to the 335 e.g.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

JST
10-27-2014, 09:36 AM
I took one on a short loop before pulling trigger on new s4. IMHO, it was neither as fun to steer as the golf R nor as powerful, luxurious and awesome as the s4.

S4 is very underrated, car feels close to 400hp. Helm is numb, but chassis and brakes are very good. On a different performance planet compared to the 335 e.g.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I'd like to drive one, but until we get the stick there's really no point. I agree that Audi's lease terms are probably going to make it uncompetitive, price-wise, with something like the 235.

I have been meaning to try a GTI Mk VII, but haven't had the time.

RMR
10-27-2014, 10:13 AM
From many of the European tests that put the S3 up against the MKVII Golf R it looks like the Golf R may be the better driving version. The S3 does give you the high end luxury card interior and tech compared to the VW which is nice. I'm really looking forward to driving the new S3, the MKVII GTI Performance Pack and the new MKVII Golf R.

Here is a good review:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVb6DrL01FU

equ
10-27-2014, 08:47 PM
And I meant the mk6 golf R. If the mk7 golf R steers like this s3, something will have been lost (of course the engine gain is undeniable).