PDA

View Full Version : Hard water spots on convertable window.

Theo
01-22-2004, 11:45 AM
Hey all,

The placstic rear window on my M3 is only 2 months old and I already notice hard water stops all over it even after a wash. I was looking at the griots plastic polish and cleaner. Would the cleaner alone do the trick or do I need to go the polish route already.

Also is there any way to treat the window going forward so this does not happen after every rain? :evil:

Thanks

The HACK
01-22-2004, 12:44 PM
Try some vinegar first, hard water spots are usually calcified mineral and usually a light acid will remove it without doing damage to paint or plastic surfaces.

TD
01-22-2004, 01:00 PM
Hey all,

The placstic rear window on my M3 is only 2 months old and I already notice hard water stops all over it even after a wash. I was looking at the griots plastic polish and cleaner. Would the cleaner alone do the trick or do I need to go the polish route already.

Also is there any way to treat the window going forward so this does not happen after every rain? :evil:

Thanks

You need a plastic polish and cleaner (two separate bottles) regardless. They needs to be used every few washings to keep the plastic rear window clear. Hard water and dirt conspire to cloud it up.

Theo
01-22-2004, 04:00 PM
Thanks for the help TD and HACK.

Getting my pads and rotors done next week then on to the lights. Tax returns are a good thing!! :D