PDA

View Full Version : V70R Autox

FC
03-01-2007, 04:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4XKfVNSETU

Look at the piggy go!

From a dude at V70R.com. FWIW, with that run he won D stock in the South Carolina SCCA I guess (for that day, probably).

I saw (I think lemming was there that day as well) an S60R at the local CCA autox. It wasn't pretty.

Rob
03-01-2007, 04:06 PM
Sounded like 4 or 5 seconds faster than the corvette that finished ahead of him.

How many cars in D stock? It's easy to win when you are the only competitor. :p

Nick M3
03-01-2007, 04:06 PM
Looked like a tour of the parking lot to me. That course really sucked, too.

FC
03-01-2007, 04:08 PM
SCCA Results (http://www.scsportscar.com/content/autocross/results2.php?Event=20070224&Report=fin)

Draw your own conclusions. But yes, the course looked short and sucky. They sure did put up a lot of cones though!

rumatt
03-01-2007, 04:12 PM
Not Found

The requested URL /content/autocro...&Report=fin was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

http://sc.tri-bit.com/images/a/a7/yousuck.jpg

FC
03-01-2007, 04:17 PM
Fixed. I guess the link was too long.:dunno:

Nick M3
03-01-2007, 04:26 PM
Heh. Look at the H Stock times and compare.

clyde
03-01-2007, 05:54 PM
Won DS of those that chose not to run the indexed "Pro" class. In the PAX results he's 60th of 130, 3 full seconds back from 1st on a very short course. 3.5 seconds (raw) back from the top DS time in Pro class.

All of that means nothing other than there's nothing about it that makes it worth talking about from a car perspective.

rumatt
03-01-2007, 06:27 PM
Looks like a hearse.

Speaking of, has anyone autox'd a hearse? :speechle:

IndyMike
03-01-2007, 06:51 PM
Looks like a hearse.

Speaking of, has anyone autox'd a hearse? :speechle:
With or without a casket inside? If with I can guarantee there would be more than a minimum amount of acceptable body roll.

bren
03-01-2007, 07:47 PM
That's waaaaay too many cones. damn.

rumatt
03-01-2007, 08:42 PM
I with I can guarantee there would be more than a minimum amount of acceptable body roll.

Oooooohhhhhhhh man. :banghead:

equ
03-02-2007, 09:52 AM
Sorry FC, I realize you've decided that this is the unique car that meets your needs, but I simply don't get this car.

JST
03-02-2007, 09:56 AM
Sorry FC, I realize you've decided that this is the unique car that meets your needs, but I simply don't get this car.

What's there not to get? It's in a niche of its own. There aren't that many other AWD cars out there that have decent space and reasonable power. True, going with a slushbox expands the field a bit, but not much.

EDIT: It's not an autocross car, nor is it really a "performance" car. Think of it as a boring Volvo (with all of the positives that come along with that), with the bland spiced up just enough to choke it down.

FC
03-02-2007, 10:04 AM
What's there not to get? It's in a niche of its own. There aren't that many other AWD cars out there that have decent space and reasonable power. True, going with a slushbox expands the field a bit, but not much.

EDIT: It's not an autocross car, nor is it really a "performance" car. Think of it as a boring Volvo (with all of the positives that come along with that), with the bland spiced up just enough to choke it down.

Exactly. I don't care for the vehicle all that much. It's the family car. It has all the Volvo swiss-army knife practicality without being completely numb, slow, and boring. It just perks up the wagon to a level where it's not brutal to drive. And yes, the slushie sucks. For under 38K out the door, it was a bargain.